Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BusHunter

2021 Pace Budget

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Like Pace, Metra made massive service cuts throughout 2020. Like Pace, Metra isn't making further service cuts. The only difference is that Metra didn't give public notice like Pace as they don't follow sunshine in government requirements as closely as Pace. Either way, the massive service cutbacks were made without public notice and public hearing and any comments a passenger might make during budget hearings is seven months after the fact.

You could say the cta did the same thing. No way was the blue line running with 10 minute headways in the rush before. Thats more like a Midday schedule. Some of it is probably political as lightfoot doesnt want the city to look like its failing. Probably this will all end up with new people in office at all levels. They talk about Trump, but Pritzker has the second worst unemployment system in the nation after Florida. I know people who havent got one cent from Illinois and they were laid off for quite some time. To close up shop because of the pandemic hurts everyone. Its hurting transit. People would ride if they had somewhere to go. The fatality rate is low, when you look at the amount that's sick. To beat the virus, 60 to 70 percent has to be exposed to it. How will that ever happen being shut ins. Then to ask people to get pumped with the virus they were told to fear doesnt sound logical. I guess it boils down to have you ever had a flu shot. I've never had one, but I've had really bad flu cases in my life. Maybe that's why I'm not sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

You could say the cta did the same thing. No way was the blue line running with 10 minute headways in the rush before. Thats more like a Midday schedule. Some of it is probably political as lightfoot doesnt want the city to look like its failing. Probably this will all end up with new people in office at all levels. They talk about Trump, but Pritzker has the second worst unemployment system in the nation after Florida. I know people who havent got one cent from Illinois and they were laid off for quite some time. To close up shop because of the pandemic hurts everyone. Its hurting transit. People would ride if they had somewhere to go. The fatality rate is low, when you look at the amount that's sick. To beat the virus, 60 to 70 percent has to be exposed to it. How will that ever happen being shut ins. Then to ask people to get pumped with the virus they were told to fear doesnt sound logical. I guess it boils down to have you ever had a flu shot. I've never had one, but I've had really bad flu cases in my life. Maybe that's why I'm not sick. 

Blue is still every 3-5 in rush hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Blue is still every 3-5 in rush hour. 

When in the afternoon? Cause this was 8am in the morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Blue is still every 3-5 in rush hour. 

Not my experience.   It was more like 8 to 10 minutes at 5pm in the weekday rush.  Same thing with the Red and Brown Lines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Not my experience.   It was more like 8 to 10 minutes at 5pm in the weekday rush.  Same thing with the Red and Brown Lines 

They wouldnt have no riders if it was 3 minutes. Forest pk had a hard time with 10 minute headways. Only the red line showed signs of vitality. The brown line was incredibly light. Plus these bus lines dont seem to run as frequent. I pick up alot of uber customers at the train station. 20 minutes for a bus? .  I can have them home by then. Buses are lighter in volume. The only place that it looks exactly the same is on the south side, but they have the heavy ridership. You cant cut down 79th!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

When in the afternoon? Cause this was 8am in the morning. 

According to the current schedule Sam92 is correct.3 to 5 minutes in rush. In my opinion I think the issue is bus and rail operators not reporting to work as some operators have reported here. Lots of gaps as visualized on the tracker. Rte 82 schedules 14 buses for Saturday. Actually there were between 7 and 9 all day. Since this crazy virus that`s about standard throughout the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sht6131 said:

According to the current schedule Sam92 is correct.3 to 5 minutes in rush. In my opinion I think the issue is bus and rail operators not reporting to work as some operators have reported here. Lots of gaps as visualized on the tracker. Rte 82 schedules 14 buses for Saturday. Actually there were between 7 and 9 all day. Since this crazy virus that`s about standard throughout the system.

Looked like 10 min to me. It wasnt one train it was many. Plus opposing traffic didnt come one after another, maybe because I was at forest pk, they were setting up for the midday but still that's early. Maybe at 9am would be more believable..

Had an interesting ride anyway. In my travels I came across a train that did three express journeys one after the other I thought it was odd that they didnt pass many stops and only expressed a few (Jackson to clark/lake, that one is standard, clark/lake to damen, damen to Logan. The train was supposed to be 10 minutes apart it was one or two. After all the expressing it got to 6. It got to Jeff and expressed to Rosemont. So it did 4 expresses. Guess it had some trouble on the forest pk branch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Looked like 10 min to me. It wasnt one train it was many. Plus opposing traffic didnt come one after another, maybe because I was at forest pk, they were setting up for the midday but still that's early. Maybe at 9am would be more believable..

Had an interesting ride anyway. In my travels I came across a train that did three express journeys one after the other I thought it was odd that they didnt pass many stops and only expressed a few (Jackson to clark/lake, that one is standard, clark/lake to damen, damen to Logan. The train was supposed to be 10 minutes apart it was one or two. After all the expressing it got to 6. It got to Jeff and expressed to Rosemont. So it did 4 expresses. Guess it had some trouble on the forest pk branch. 

How did we wind up talking about CTA train service in a Pace thread?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...