Bustracker

Busjack

It has to be three buses. The first bus leaves 38th/St Louis at 8.00am reaches Lake Park at 8:37 leaving at 8:41 > St Louis at 9:12.

This would then be the 9:19 from St Louis. Buses leave St Louis at 8:00am, 8:26am, 8:52am then 9:19am.

If you follow any of the subsequent journeys they also get back to St Louis in time for the third departure.

Okay. That makes sense.

Now this is weird and funny!!! :lol:

Enough there that anyone who knows anything about server programming could get a job.* Probably necessary to post a site asking for a tax increase, first, though.

*Not someone I know who took one Oracle class and thought Notepad was used to type and send SQL commands.

• 2 weeks later...

But then the question is why I saw 3 ghost buses all on the same route and no buses live. I'm going to guess maybe the tracker wasn't set up for weekends? We'll see on the weekend what's up.

Well the tracker is saying for the #39 that no bus is scheduled on this route. (I don't think it said that last time.) This is not really helping attract riders on a test service. Someone needs to fix that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is bustracker down? I've got nothing from it in the last hour? The titan signs are working.

Unless CTA has ordered a mass shutdown of bus service, you're right. I can't speak for the titan signs, but I was using bustracker to attempt to locate 8000's, but nothing, both the map and the arrival times. Busfinder seems to be down as well, since I tried every 1000 from 1000-1107 and nothing. Must be something on CTA's end.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

ABC 7 had a story just now on technology that's being used on the new updated clever devices. They claim to be able to text drivers with info on what they want them to do giving them directions like a supervisor would give. They also claim that all buses would be patched into the control center. 

http://abc7chicago.com/traffic/new-cta-bus-technology-aims-to-smooth-commutes/714427/

In other news all bus shelters are slated now to get bustracker displays similar to what most downtown shelters have now.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Remember how I said I read that they were going to put bustracker signs at the rail stations. Well look what's at Logan square/blue line now.

cta_bus_arrival_sign.thumb.PNG.71804dd51

That's not what I was expecting but it works. I was thinking they would use Titan signs for that. If they patched the information into the titan signs on the platform they would have accomplished what I thought they were going to do. (They had stated the signs would be indoors, or underground in the mezzanine so riders could stay out of the cold etc) While a sign like what's pictured above may work at single route stations, (don't know how they will do east west service on the same sign) that wouldn't work at places like jeff pk. I notice they have a titan sign outside the midway mezzanine that displays travel times for all the buses in that terminal. That seems to work well because it can display 5 routes at a time.

• Upvote 1

Remember how I said I read that they were going to put bustracker signs at the rail stations. Well look what's at Logan square/blue line now.

cta_bus_arrival_sign.thumb.PNG.71804dd51

That's not what I was expecting but it works. I was thinking they would use Titan signs for that. If they patched the information into the titan signs on the platform they would have accomplished what I thought they were going to do. (They had stated the signs would be indoors, or underground in the mezzanine so riders could stay out of the cold etc) While a sign like what's pictured above may work at single route stations, (don't know how they will do east west service on the same sign) that wouldn't work at places like jeff pk. I notice they have a titan sign outside the midway mezzanine that displays travel times for all the buses in that terminal. That seems to work well because it can display 5 routes at a time.

It looks like the signs on the bus shelters, so I assume it will function the same. Probably similar to the ones on Clinton outside Union Station, that have stuff like 60 to Roosevelt-Racine, 5 minutes, 157 to California, 8 minutes, (flip) 60 to Cicero-24 15 minutes, 7 to Central 18 minutes (except here, apparently it is 76 to either Nature Museum or Austin). You would think Titan would want to get its advertising there, but apparently they don't, so CTA had to pay for the sign.

• 1 month later...

The other day at Touhy and Lehigh, it showed 85A next arrival and then 290 Howard CTA Station 10 min.

Might have something to do witht the display seen at Forest Park and also Rosemont.  Maybe Pace is jumping in to the game now too.

The RTA site has an interface to all the trackers, but the last I saw a real clunky one. Also, signs at Davis were supposedly an RTA project.

The only indication of Pace getting into the game were (1) a fairly useless Siemens display on the outer wall of the Linden station, and (2) requests for proposals at Pace transit centers (I seem to remember Harvey and Chicago Heights), If you are saying that one display had both CTA and Pace, that would be something new.

• Upvote 1

The RTA site has an interface to all the trackers, but the last I saw a real clunky one. Also, signs at Davis were supposedly an RTA project.

The only indication of Pace getting into the game were (1) a fairly useless Siemens display on the outer wall of the Linden station, and (2) requests for proposals at Pace transit centers (I seem to remember Harvey and Chicago Heights), If you are saying that one display had both CTA and Pace, that would be something new.

Here's the problem though about Pace bus tracker, it's not that accurate because it doesn't show the exact ETA. It only goes by the schedule.