8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

That looks like 128.

I'd be more concerned about the spectre in the foreground. Better call Ghostbusters.?

Upon closer inspections I can see the slight curve that makes more like a 128, but the bottom of the 2 is somewhat cut off making it resemble more like a 7.  

I hope the Bears aren't as lost as this bus appears to be.  Just hope this driver doesn't have a  stopover in Detroit!

1 hour ago, BusOps said:

The 8350’s have a new pedestrian and collision avoidance system installed on  them. Bus operators have to be trained first before they are put in service. Bus 7900 had been retrofitted with this system and training has begun   

Which garage will receive it first though? or will it be system wide regardless?

20 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Which garage will receive it first though? or will it be system wide regardless?

Bus 7900 is at Forest Glen right now for training. Been there for a few weeks. I also believe 103rd is being trained or has been trained.  Eventually everyone of course will be trained system wide. 

1 hour ago, BusOps said:

Bus 7900 is at Forest Glen right now for training. Been there for a few weeks. I also believe 103rd is being trained or has been trained.  Eventually everyone of course will be trained system wide. 

Interesting the training is on a bus that is not the real Mccoy. Why not just train on 8350??? So if a garage has completed training it can then receive the buses correct? Interesting FG was the 2nd garage.

50 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Interesting the training is on a bus that is not the real Mccoy. Why not just train on 8350??? So if a garage has completed training it can then receive the buses correct? Interesting FG was the 2nd garage.

Yhe training is probably geared towards the Collision Avoidance System moreso than the 8350s per se.  I don't recall seeing anything else that differentiates the 8350s from the 7900s that would warrant training.  I would probably guess that the Collision Avoidance would be retrofitted on all of the 7900s.  7900 is pretty much a training bus anyway,  so it makes perfect sense to retrofit the system to it and use it for training.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So based on what @BusOps stated yesterday evening one can make the assumption of where the #8350s might end up once training has concluded if you get my drift. 

Or 103rd and fg has basically that model already in the 8325s. (But your probably  right)

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

As many of us expected with limited becoming an issue at SS, I've started seeing some 8350s lined up facing NB in the eastern part of the boneyard this afternoon. I saw maybe at least 3 or 4 back there. 

Don’t let them taunt the dead #6400’s back there?

• Haha 1