8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

On 10/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, andrethebusman said:

8350 expected by end of year. 8351-8449 by middle of next 

Hopefully the delivery of the first 100 buses will be speedy when they arrive early next year. Tbh I think Nova in Plattsburgh already has built a small fraction of them that way they can build and deliver at the same time. I can’t really confirm like I know but I’m pretty sure that they’ve already manufactured a few secretly.

10 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Hopefully the delivery of the first 100 buses will be speedy when they arrive early next year. Tbh I think Nova in Plattsburgh already has built a small fraction of them that way they can build and deliver at the same time. I can’t really confirm like I know but I’m pretty sure that they’ve already manufactured a few secretly.

I don't think delivery was ever the problem with Nova.  When the 7900s came, the prototypes came first,  then not too long after they started rolling in.   I think the first 50 were delivered before CTA put them on the street which was about 3 months after they started coming in.  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I don't think delivery was ever the problem with Nova.  When the 7900s came, the prototypes came first,  then not too long after they started rolling in.   I think the first 50 were delivered before CTA put them on the street which was about 3 months after they started coming in.  

True

15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

7900 & 7901 arrived in Feb 2014 and entered service in Apr 2014 (Chicago) & Jun 2014 (77th). 7904/7/8/10 arrived in June or July 2014. 7909/15 in Aug. and the rest from 7903 to 7999 between Sep and Dec 2014

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

7900 & 7901 arrived in Feb 2014 and entered service in Apr 2014 (Chicago) & Jun 2014 (77th). 7904/7/8/10 arrived in June or July 2014. 7909/15 in Aug. and the rest from 7903 to 7999 between Sep and Dec 2014

I could of sworn #7900 got here in late 2013 u sure it arrived in February 2014? 

28 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Ye DE60LFRs in 2012 and the D60s in 2013

4334 was delivered pretty early and ended up here in service on the 6 in 2012.  I remember cause a lot of 4300s were here for some months but didn’t go into service until the decrowding and ironically 4334 was my first 4300 ride. If I’m not mistaken I think 4332 or another hybrid either came late after a lot of the diesels or just ended up at 77th (who didn’t get artics till the last 40 came) randomly since they came out of sequence and were never really organized until the Dan Ryan reopened. 

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

4334 was delivered pretty early and ended up here in service on the 6 in 2012.  I remember cause a lot of 4300s were here for some months but didn’t go into service until the decrowding and ironically 4334 was my first 4300 ride. If I’m not mistaken I think 4332 or another hybrid either came late after a lot of the diesels or just ended up at 77th (who didn’t get artics till the last 40 came) randomly since they came out of sequence and were never really organized until the Dan Ryan reopened. 

My first time ever riding a #4300 was when they ran on Cottage Grove years ago. It was a Hybrid version tho.

7 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

My first time ever riding a #4300 was when they ran on Cottage Grove years ago. It was a Hybrid version tho.

So you caught them before the red line closed then. They had 2 random hybrids out of the 4300s they got till after the shutdown where they took most of the diesels and sent the hybrid to either 103rd or K. The first day 77th got them I caught 4368 on cottage lol. 

6 hours ago, Sam92 said:

So you caught them before the red line closed then. They had 2 random hybrids out of the 4300s they got till after the shutdown where they took most of the diesels and sent the hybrid to either 103rd or K. The first day 77th got them I caught 4368 on cottage lol. 

Yeah, this was when the Red Line was still open and slightly during the closure I believe, and the best shot of this scenario they’ve ran majority of the Hybrids on 77th routes I rode my first one on Cottage lol, my second time when it was on the R63, I remember seeing the R63 for the Red Line shuttle. The good old days lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, andrethebusman said:

8350 expected by end of year. 8351-8449 by middle of next 

So they only anticipate 100 buses next year. Thats slower than I thought it would be. Nova could produce a little faster than that but its how the base order is set up. I wonder when does an option get exercised and do they have to wait for 2023 to receive those? Most likely next year one garage will get new nova  buses

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So they only anticipate 100 buses next year. Thats slower than I thought it would be. Nova could produce a little faster than that but its how the base order is set up. I wonder when does an option get exercised and do they have to wait for 2023 to receive those? Most likely next year one garage will get new nova  buses

I was thinking that more could come in 2023 but that’s a whole year from next year after the first 100 buses is received.

• 1 month later...