Possible Weird Bus Sightings

jesi2282

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I saw Flxible #5746 Cummins operating on #18 16/18. I love the sound of that Cummins Diesel. And it still has the aluminum Alcoa wheels.

Yesterday I worked my first day at Academy operating Pace Orion #2326 on the 606. It felt weird after 2 years out of the drivers seat. It started coming back to me after a while.

The Best Flxibles ever, The Cummins powered (5745-5764)

that bus was heading to Inland Detroit Diesel. A company located in Carol Stream at North Avenue and Alexandria St. that does heavy work on the busses that South Shops does not do. I know because I've brought a bus there myself from North Park.

I saw 7595 was running State Street today with #147-Outer Drive Express

• 1 month later...

How many times does it have to be posted that Chicago Garage will be operating extras on route 11? Therefore, it is perfectly normal to see Chicago Garage buses on Lincoln, and will be for quite some time.

Is Chicago Garage still running extras on route 11 Lincoln as of today?

• 6 months later...

Today I saw New Flyer Hybrid 807 on 12 Roosevelt going eastbound. Does anyone know if Archer still has the hybrids, or did they swap hybrids (or other buses)? (Since 806 and 807 were Archer hybrids)

As far as I know all the Hybrids are based at Kedzie now. Have been since summer.

Not true. #803 and #804 are still assigned to Chicago Garage. Archer also had a couple (#806,#807), but I'm not sure what happened to them. Kedzie should have at least 16 of the 20 hybrids.

Not correct as of this summer as I said and observed living about a half mile south of Kedzie garage. All four have operated on the 12, 126 and 127 as recently as last month. And all four have the 'K' garage stickers indicating assignment to Kedzie. All 20 hybrids are part of Kedzie's equipment now.

#802, #803, #806, and #807 have been at Kedzie Garage since the week of November 25th. Also on the weekend, I saw #1121 on the #62 Archer route heading westbound leaving the Halsted/Orange Line station so it's possible that #1120 and #1121 have been swapped for the two hybrids #806 and #807.

#802, #803, #806, and #807 have been at Kedzie Garage since the week of November 25th. Also on the weekend, I saw #1121 on the #62 Archer route heading westbound leaving the Halsted/Orange Line station so it's possible that #1120 and #1121 have been swapped for the two hybrids #806 and #807.

Ok I could have sworn that I saw them all at Kedzie earlier than that, but I knew that all 20 hybrids are Kedzie assigned now.

Ok I could have sworn that I saw them all at Kedzie earlier than that, but I knew that all 20 hybrids are Kedzie assigned now.

Oh, sorry. But I don't know why the swap of all the hybrids to Kedzie had occured. All 20 were not at Kedzie during the summer because I saw #803 working route #53 Pulaski on October 7, and I saw #803 again working route #76 Diversey on October 26.

I'm guessing you're right! I rode 1120 and 1121 on 62 Archer about a month and half ago and noticed 1120 had a K sticker by the window, but the ironic thing is that 1121 has an A sticker.

Thanks everyone for helping in this topic!

Oh, sorry. But I don't know why the swap of all the hybrids to Kedzie had occured. All 20 were not at Kedzie during the summer because I saw #803 working route #53 Pulaski on October 7, and I saw #803 again working route #76 Diversey on October 26.

No worries. :P With all this mess with the funding situation, my mind got locked on the assumption that all the hybrids were at Kedzie since summer instead of close to the previous Thanksgiving holiday like was observed by others. My exasperation with the parties involved with the before mentioned mess kept my head a little clouded from observing or remembering those small changes.

I wonder if anyone would consider cta5658's ride on 1562 on the 14 Jeffery Express Jan. 5th a possible weird sighting since 14 is so heavily NABI operated on any given day. :lol:

Just a little bit of humor I think we all need because of some of our frayed nerves with the current looming doomsday as evidenced in some previous posts. It's understandable, but we all have been sniping at each other a bit more than usual in recent days.

I wonder if anyone would consider cta5658's ride on 1562 on the 14 Jeffery Express Jan. 5th a possible weird sighting since 14 is so heavily NABI operated on any given day. :lol:

Not weird at all. Many New Flyers are on that route in the off peak hours. You will see a bunch in the evening time. Before 103 got New Flyers, there were a lot of 6000's running during the evening hours.

Not weird at all. Many New Flyers are on that route in the off peak hours. You will see a bunch in the evening time. Before 103 got New Flyers, there were a lot of 6000's running during the evening hours.

I know that. I meant the comment as a joke to kind of lighten the mood from some of the tense feelings surrounding doomsday. I guess you missed the part in my post where I pretty much said it was humor and not to really take it seriously. But that's ok :P

I saw a misplaced Optima #539 traveling north at Diversey on the #22 Clark on the weekend. It was the afternoon (a peak travel period on that route). That bus was packed like a sardine can and about 10 - 15 people were waiting for northbound service at the bus stop. The bus ended up leaving some of them behind. It was purely a Kodak moment!!

I saw a misplaced Optima #539 traveling north at Diversey on the #22 Clark on the weekend. It was the afternoon (a peak travel period on that route). That bus was packed like a sardine can and about 10 - 15 people were waiting for northbound service at the bus stop. The bus ended up leaving some of them behind. It was purely a Kodak moment!!

Now that is weird. Not because the bus was from the wrong garage but because of the fact that it would be on such a busy route during the height of a peak travel period. You usually wouldn't see an Optima on Clark unless it was really late in the overnight hours when there are a lot less people riding the bus.