Bustracker's buses

BusExpert32

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a meeting today with Clever Devices (we are currently installing the same system) and during the meeting we got to watch live all routes available from Bus Time in Chicago. The system is still in internal testing but should be available soon. The current website may be going down for a short time while they update some things. Chicago is currently has the largest Real Time Passenger Information System in the world and they are not finished installing yet!

I had a meeting today with Clever Devices (we are currently installing the same system) and during the meeting we got to watch live all routes available from Bus Time in Chicago. The system is still in internal testing but should be available soon. The current website may be going down for a short time while they update some things. Chicago is currently has the largest Real Time Passenger Information System in the world and they are not finished installing yet!

Thanks for clearing up the dilema of if the CTA will put any more routes on its Bustracker website.

Actually, Kevin's post doesn't mention anything about the CTA putting anymore routes on its Bustracker website. But the post does say that 77th will be the next garage to recieve Bustracker after Chicago, but nothing about the Internet.

Bustracker is only on the internet. What are you talking about?

Bustracker is only on the internet. What are you talking about?

As OSUITS mentioned, the CTA is testing Bustracker on many routes as of now. They have their own system for this that is not available for the public on the Internet. While the only route still on CTA's Bustracker website is #20; therefore, the CTA has not put everything on the Internet right now.

the CTA is testing Bustracker on many routes as of now. They have their own system for this that is not available for the public on the Internet. While the only route still on CTA's Bustracker website is #20; therefore, the CTA has not put everything on the Internet right now.

Yes, they're testing it, on the computers (I would think), so therefore, the other routes will (or should) on the internet very soon.

Yes, they're testing it, on the computers (I would think), so therefore, the other routes will (or should) on the internet very soon.

Yes, they are testing it on computers, but its only the CTA's equipment that is not for the public's viewing. I don't think that anyone could conclude at this point that anymore routes will be installed on the Bustracker website, and as Kevin mentioned, there is no timeline for these installments, so I guess we will be left hanging until an official report from the CTA goes out.

Yes, they are testing it on computers, but its only the CTA's equipment that is not for the public's viewing. I don't think that anyone could conclude at this point that anymore routes will be installed on the Bustracker website, and as Kevin mentioned, there is no timeline for these installments, so I guess we will be left hanging until an official report from the CTA goes out.

As OSUITS mentioned, additional routes should be going online soon once testing is complete. Based on the information from Connections, we should see routes from at least 77th initially. Additional routes will become available as testing continues.

The Press Release said that North Park was going to be first, but we know from the 20 Madison map that most of the buses from Chicago (and not just some Novas as before) have the equipment. Do we know if it is 77th next--after North Park and Chicago--or whether the CTA PR department doesn't know or is sending out inconsistent information?

As is obvious to all of us, the web part isn't on line for anything other than 20.

The Press Release said that North Park was going to be first, but we know from the 20 Madison map that most of the buses from Chicago (and not just some Novas as before) have the equipment. Do we know if it is 77th next--after North Park and Chicago--or whether the CTA PR department doesn't know or is sending out inconsistent information?

As is obvious to all of us, the web part isn't on line for anything other than 20.

Well, I guess the CTA's lying about North Park getting Bustracker first and you can say they are sending out inconsistent information.

Yes, #20 Madison is the only route on the Internet Bustracker.

Well, I guess the CTA's lying about North Park getting Bustracker first and you can say they are sending out inconsistent information.

Yes, #20 Madison is the only route on the Internet Bustracker.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "lying." The cited reason for installing Bus Tracker first at North Park was due to three-track. However, since then we've seen that three-track turned out not to be the nightmare CTA predicted. There's probably a reason why 77th will now be first, but I have no idea what such reason could be.

Everyone may not always be on the same page at an organization the size of CTA. In business in general, PR departments are often not the best source for information.

Most likely never? 103rd will get Bustracker on its buses, remember what CTA said.. "All 154 bus routes" not "127 bus routes".

I think that busfan4022 was trying to refer to the point that the CTA sent a lot of older, junkier buses down there to 103rd over the past few years and it had the oldest bus fleet until the New Flyers started coming into there in September. I would also think that if that's the treatment 103rd gets, then who knows when it will get Bustracker? But we do know that 103rd will eventually get Bustracker; maybe last in line.

Most likely never? 103rd will get Bustracker on its buses, remember what CTA said.. "All 154 bus routes" not "127 bus routes".

I stand corrected. Sorry I never read that anywhere.

What I meant is, 103rd has only one major route at its garage, that being #14. I think it will most likely be the last garage to get it, since it doesn't get much attention.

I stand corrected. Sorry I never read that anywhere.

What I meant is, 103rd has only one major route at its garage, that being #14. I think it will most likely be the last garage to get it, since it doesn't get much attention.

103rd will not be last because it operates more rushhour loop trips than most garages besides Kedzie and NP respectively, so 103rd does get attention and they don't have the worse fleet. Most likely 74th will get them last because they're recieving flyers last and they have the worse fleet.

Actually, Kevin's post doesn't mention anything about the CTA putting anymore routes on its Bustracker website. But the post does say that 77th will be the next garage to recieve Bustracker after Chicago, but nothing about the Internet.

77th definetly needs the bus tracker for the CTA's worst south side route which is 79 79th. LOL!

77th definetly needs the bus tracker for the CTA's worst south side route which is 79 79th. LOL!

77th is a surprise to me. I was pretty sure that it would be North Park recieving Bustracker after Chicago because of the three-track supplementation, the amount of north side-downtown routes, and the amount of express routes. But the CTA has changed its plans and their's nothing our opinions can do to change their way of thinking.

77th is a surprise to me. I was pretty sure that it would be North Park recieving Bustracker after Chicago because of the three-track supplementation, the amount of north side-downtown routes, and the amount of express routes. But the CTA has changed its plans and their's nothing our opinions can do to change their way of thinking.

My guess is that two things are working in 77th's favor here, both somewhat ironic. The south side having lower internet and cellular gadget penetration, 77th will be a soft test, because relatively fewer patrons will be expected to use it, at least initially. Second, the fact that the media in this town are so north-centered means that a south-side test run will also receive less scrutiny. If something isn't working quite right, CTA will have a chance to fix it before it goes from problem to SCANDAL!!!!! Being underprivileged in this case works in the south side's favor.

Also, there's the fact that 3-tracking hasn't been as big a problem as expected.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Kevin for the news-briefs. That's helpful. I listened to a bit of Huberman's talk, but frankly, I don't understand why a newspaper would present an audio file without a transcript. We're READERS, dammit. I don't have time to listen for an hour to catch what I could read in 5 minutes, skimming past the things I don't care about.

My guess is that two things are working in 77th's favor here, both somewhat ironic. The south side having lower internet and cellular gadget penetration, 77th will be a soft test, because relatively fewer patrons will be expected to use it, at least initially. Second, the fact that the media in this town are so north-centered means that a south-side test run will also receive less scrutiny. If something isn't working quite right, CTA will have a chance to fix it before it goes from problem to SCANDAL!!!!! Being underprivileged in this case works in the south side's favor.

Also, there's the fact that 3-tracking hasn't been as big a problem as expected.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Kevin for the news-briefs. That's helpful. I listened to a bit of Huberman's talk, but frankly, I don't understand why a newspaper would present an audio file without a transcript. We're READERS, dammit. I don't have time to listen for an hour to catch what I could read in 5 minutes, skimming past the things I don't care about.

Wrong, you will be suprised at how much attention 77th will get with its bustracker because it has the highest ridership routes in the system, and you will be suprised at how much the southside will use the system.