CTA Paper Buses

Danielsmusic

I found my CTA MAN Americana paper bus along with my stack of "Bus World" Magazines

I have about 10 CTA TMC RTS, 10 Orion I-V- VI-VIIs, 3 Ikarus, and 20 Nova-MCI Classics for Pace along with over 400 paperbuses with different type models(GMC-TMC-Nova RTSes, Fishbowls, Flxible Metros, all type Neoplans Penniliners, NABIs, New Flyers- D901s, Gillig Advantages, GM-MCI-Nova Classics, Renaults(French buses), Vanhools, etc with different Cities.

But where did you find the CTA MAN Americanas? I have 2 MAN Americanas for Seattle KC Metro and New Orleans RTA.

Where'd you find those?

Well, I could not find any Americana MANs on Paperbuses, so what I did was that I've made them myself with 8 cassette empty cases to put together and draw the windows with pencil and marked the design of them with markers in blank note cards to scotch tape them together and use nickels for the wheels. I am about to make couple more for CTA (one with old green logo and current logo) plus couple more for Minneapolis (metro transit) and Charlotte NC (CATS) which had them. i'll post the pictures of them soon.

Well, I could not find any Americana MANs on Paperbuses, so what I did was that I've made them myself with 8 cassette empty cases to put together and draw the windows with pencil and marked the design of them with markers in blank note cards to scotch tape them together and use nickels for the wheels. I am about to make couple more for CTA (one with old green logo and current logo) plus couple more for Minneapolis (metro transit) and Charlotte NC (CATS) which had them. i'll post the pictures of them soon.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope someone can find a CTA bus in the green paint job.

I've been on many paperbus web sites and I still cannot find any CTA's green paint job, Thats why now, I am building an MAN Americana paperbus and I got a order of MAN Artics from Walthers.com at Ryder's Hobbly Shop in Michigan (My Homestate). And retrace the Flyer D901s from S.F. Muni to CTA Green Paint job by drawing an design of it.

I've been on many paperbus web sites and I still cannot find any CTA's green paint job, Thats why now, I am building an MAN Americana paperbus and I got a order of MAN Artics from Walthers.com at Ryder's Hobbly Shop in Michigan (My Homestate). And retrace the Flyer D901s from S.F. Muni to CTA Green Paint job by drawing an design of it.

I've never made my own bus before. I have to try it one day. Is it hard to do?

Now this isn't a paper bus, but if it becomes avalible again, I'm getting it.

http://www.fjbuses.com/files/rocky.JPG

Here are my two corgi CTA buses.
I remember the North Ave one being sold at a model railway shop that used to be in Old Orchard, but isn't there now. Where did you get yours?

Also I thought it was pretty realistic, but the fleet numbers were always on a metal plate on the air conditioner grill. There is also a difference in eras, as the cta over the driver's window and fleet number under the windshield came a few years after the buses were delivered. Does this have RTA tags, which would be consistent with that (but not how the bus appeared in 1972)?