Pace 6600 Nabis

I surmised that Joliet would lose 3 buses as a result of the restructuring. According to WebWatch, 6627, 6628, and 6680 are now at West.

Hanging around the Lisle Metra Station last night, I saw a new Nabi recently added. 6668 is now there, a former Heritage bus. Still has the Joliet Jackhammers sign on it. I'm guessing it replaced an Orion bus. I suspect more will be coming pretty soon because some of the Orions looked terrible! 2277 has almost no interior lighting in it, but had several passengers. It's destination signs on the front, side, and back were all either out or unlit. Same with 2291's destination sign. It is hard to read and that bus looks pretty rusted out. At least all the buses appear to have finally changed their advertising signs. I would also think at least 1 or 2 Orions will be cut since 821/822 is scheduled to become 1 route next month. With 6636 normally running 822 and 6652 usually on 821, one of them will be put on another route, allowing an Orion to retire. I also noticed that Nabis are finally running routes 824 and 825, both were being ran by Orions.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Now that some of the smaller routes in South are showing up, I noted 6614, which basically hasn't been reported seen since about 5 months after Aurora got the 2600s, and 6619, which was at Westmont, but its disposition after then was not reported.

post-14-13034887159193_thumb.jpgpost-14-13034887491029_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen any WebWatch evidence of the 6600s that Pace 834 said went to River (still looks like the usual 2700s there) and haven't had the time to scope West.

That is the only bus I've seen that sign on,so,I'm honestly not sure of the reason for it.

CTA Flxible #5469 had that blinking "STOP" signal. I think its a good warning signal to alert drivers driving behind the bus. I love these 6600 Nabis. Today, I had Nabi #6642 and she ran like a dream! Yes, the bumps at NWTC did rattle the bus a bit but what can you do when its a low floor bus? I really enjoyed driving it! I actually prefer our 35ft models over our 40ft buses.

Now that some of the smaller routes in South are showing up, I noted 6614, which basically hasn't been reported seen since about 5 months after Aurora got the 2600s, and 6619, which was at Westmont, but its disposition after then was not reported.

post-14-13034887159193_thumb.jpgpost-14-13034887491029_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen any WebWatch evidence of the 6600s that Pace 834 said went to River (still looks like the usual 2700s there) and haven't had the time to scope West.

I guess nobody knew about 6614. That bus was at Westmont recently as well as the others. Once upon a time, it was broken down while running the 824 on Route 53, but it was back out there a week later.

As far as the STOP sign, that's the first time I've ever noticed it on that bus.

I didn't know more 6600s were deployed at South. I'm assuming they were sent there to retire some of the 40-foot 2400s.

Yeah,I know the corner by Bay 4 ought to be REAL interesting once this rains stops.

If you took these at NWTC, I make an effort to not go over them, I take the bus around it down by Bay #4.

If you hit it, youll feel it! Even at 5mph it will still hurt! :)

I did take those@NWTC,the only way to basically avoid it as you know is pulling as far to the left as possible.Down by Bay 2 it's starting to get to be a bad spot also.I do also realize this is off topic,so I apologize up front.

That "sinkhole" over by the turn, where you have to stop, thats a bad one!.

One of the North drivers snapped some pictures of a 6600 on the back of a flatbed a couple weeks ago, I think it was 6674. He showed them to me on his phone one evening when we met for dinner. It was back a few days later. He still has the pics I think. Last I heard his phone was having problems dumping the images on his computer.

I wonder what was up with hauling a 6600 out of the North garage?