Watch out for the falling...

westing

I was at Pulaski Orange Line station earlier today. I had missed my train. I waited to see if another train would come in time for me to get a bus at Midway or if I should try and catch a different bus; I began to pace. Momentarily I stood under the LED sign and then walked a little to right.

Right as I did that I heard a splat, and I had headphones on. So I turned around to see this poor bird that had fallen. Threes a gap in the hollow columns at roof level, allowing birds a nesting place. This small bird was helplessly twitching on the concrete and unable to get up. It might have been dying from the rather large fall. Then the parents began to swarm around bird. Not wanting to be pecked, I moved away and caught another bus I took to get home instead.

Birds can be bothersome in stations and bus terminals. Their feces is unsanitary and, in cases like I experienced it proves one should really watch for falling birds. I was just lucky it didn’t hit my head!

- Ryan