Nova LFS Rear Drive Axle

EMark

Well I have no clue where one is. If its a parts book for many types of bus axles then perhaps a local school bus or motorcoach place would have one? You could give Google Book Search a shot. Thats weird that Meritor wouldn't have one though. Good luck with your search, hope you find one :)

By the way, if you are with the Kenosha Transit System (looks like you are) and would like to share any info about the current fleet I don't think anyone here would mind. I believe it is made up of 30ft/35ft Gillig Advantages and then various buses from other operators, correct? I must admit I envy that streetcar loop Kenosha has.

Thanks for your help. :) We have been trying our usual vendors, but so far no luck. I am really disappointed with Meritor. It is hard to believe they do not have a parts book for their own axle.

You are right. We have 30ft and 35ft 2004 Gillig low floors and 35ft 2005 Gillig low floors. So far they have been pretty good, except for the rear drive axles on the 30ft ers which keep going out. We also have about 20 or so 40ft 1990 Orion V's we bought from Milwaukee County Transit. Despite their age and the wear and tear they have endured, they were well built buses. We have about 12 30ft Flexble's, I forget what year, we bought from Oshkosh. Also, despite their age they were well built. We also have a few 35ft 1990 Gillig phantoms, pretty worn and rusted out I might add. The word is that we are going to expand our streetcar track, from the downtown area to the uptown area, but we will see.

Off topic, but I must say that I enjoyed my visit to Kenosha 3 months ago. I went with a friend to visit lakefront, Kenosha Public Museum, and rode the street car around the loop with a friend. That streetcar ride reminded me of riding the old Toronto PCC Red Rockets back in Toronto. The streetcar I rode was number 4610 which is a replica of TTC's, but the other 3 they have are from TTC as well, but repainted to reflect other cities PCCs. She and I enjoyed the ride.

As for buses I did see one Nova LFS and a lot of Gillig Advantage LFs for Kenosha Transit. How many Novas does Kenosha operate and how many buses total in the fleet? Also, I am wondering did they get rid of the RTS models? Does Belle Urban Systems still use their RTSes?

Here is a link for Kenosha Transit on Bustalk. The pictures are at least 3 years old now but it appears to be a good representation of what KT has/had. It also appears there are 3 Nova LFS buses (#'s 2509,2510,2511) from Chemung County Transit (ex #'s 412,413,414). Maybe Chemung County Transit has a Meritor Parts Book?

We still have three GMC RTS's, and two GMC T6H's, but they are not in service. I am not sure what the Belle Urban system uses since we are not part of that. Racine is part of the Belle Urban system. I know Racine still uses some RTS's and Gilligs just like ours.