Would like a job being a bus operator

How can I go about getting a job being a cta bus driver?

Like Traiman said, Pace would be a good alternative if CTA isnt hiring. Pace at least youll work on gaining experience working with people, operating a bus under all types of conditions, traffic, construction, weather conditions, etc.... It will get stressful at times, your patience undoubtedly WILL be tested! So youll get a taste of what a bus operators daily grind is like. But continue pursuing CTA until an opening appears. CTA can be very rewarding provided you try to maintain a positive attitude. Try not to allow the public to get under your skin. Work the problem out! If you can get past peoples attitudes then your 50% there! Always remember, on that bus , YOURE IN CHARGE! not the public.

I have been working for the CTA for a year now. I cant say much bad stuff about it.The only bad thing to me was being on the eb for allmost a year. But now that Some pto can pick runs its great! U know what route u are going to be on everyday now and u know how to work the street better since u have the same run. As for me i do all my work on the weekday ie hours. On my Saturday and Sunday runs are so sweet.On Saturday I report at 1600 and get off at 2130 and Sunday i report at 1500 and get off at 2130. Sunday i report a hour sooner becasue i have a 1 hour and ten fallback.

I have been working for the CTA for a year now. I cant say much bad stuff about it.The only bad thing to me was being on the eb for allmost a year. But now that Some pto can pick runs its great! U know what route u are going to be on everyday now and u know how to work the street better since u have the same run. As for me i do all my work on the weekday ie hours. On my Saturday and Sunday runs are so sweet.On Saturday I report at 1600 and get off at 2130 and Sunday i report at 1500 and get off at 2130. Sunday i report a hour sooner becasue i have a 1 hour and ten fallback.

Joey, what is the highest NF you have so far? Also does Chicago ave have #1473?

Jerry