Another suburban bus, non-PACE post.

buslist

As I have mentioned before I need to spend a lot of time in the UK, espically London for business (as well as personal reasons). So of course as a fan have tried to become somewhat knowledgeable about the bus situation there.  Well the typical icon of London buses is the RouteMaster-half cab, rear stairs, openplatform (jump on and off) and 2 person (crew as they call it) operation, most to be phased out at the end of this year.

In the summer of 2003 had a trip to London during the heat wave, trains slow ordered due to the heat, non working or non existant AC etc. it was miserable.   Had a rough flight home (Aurora), slept in in the AM walked to end of the driveway, looked up the street and what did I see but a RouteMaster, figured I had gone crazy.  Anyhow as it turns out my neighbor owns one, RM447 (in London each bus type has a type code and then fleet #s begining at one, or sometimes mixed in with other similar buses, this system is breaking down with route tendering process, aka privitization).

Anyhow here's a couple of shots of RM447 in front of my house, this bus is available for charter if we ever want to do a fantrip. It lives in Aurora so I guess that this post is fair game.

PS the Downer streetcar line ran on this street as well, (are there tracks under that pavement?)