Weight of TMC model T80208 ?

mstevens

Does anyone know the weight of the TMC model T80208 bus? It was manfactured in 1990 by Tansportation Manufacturing Corp, which is now out of business. It looks like the 4400 series RTS photos that I have seen posted on line. This is a 40 foot bus, 39 seats. If you don't know the weight of this bus in particular, do you know the weight of a similar 40' long bus?? Do they vary much?

Thanks

According to the vehicle manufacturers plate it weighs in at 39,500 lbs. That was before the a/c was installed. After the rehabs they weighed in over 40,000. Most 40ft buses weigh in around 40,000 lbs. empty.

Thank you for the replies so far. Let me clarify my question. I am not asking what the maximum loaded capacity of the bus is, which is the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), but I am looking for the empty weight with no people on it. The GVWR is found on the VIN label on the bus. I have seen a label for this model bus and the GVWR is 36,900 pounds. That is the MAXIMUM loaded weight. Therefore, the empty weight cannot be 40,000 pounds. The empty weight of a vehicle is not listed on the VIN label.