Vince Dawson

A statement from the wife of Vince Dawson

Carol Dawson I've been back to the funeral home today making final arrangements. The obit will be in next weeks paper because we were still waiting to hear back from the cemetary. Looks like the service will be early afternoon at the National Cemetary in Santa Fe on Thursday Sept 29. A personal friend of mine has agreed to play taps at the service and I'm waiting to hear back from one of Vince's Greyhound buddies who used to be a military chaplan to see if he will be able to do the service for us. I should know the exact details on Tuesday. Please alert as many people as you know that knew Vince to watch here for the rest of the details

• Upvote 1

A statement from the wife of Vince Dawson

Carol Dawson I've been back to the funeral home today making final arrangements. The obit will be in next weeks paper because we were still waiting to hear back from the cemetary. Looks like the service will be early afternoon at the National Cemetary in Santa Fe on Thursday Sept 29. A personal friend of mine has agreed to play taps at the service and I'm waiting to hear back from one of Vince's Greyhound buddies who used to be a military chaplan to see if he will be able to do the service for us. I should know the exact details on Tuesday. Please alert as many people as you know that knew Vince to watch here for the rest of the details

Thank you for the information. Wish I could be there for it. Thank you for acknowledging my dad Javier Medina CTA Badge #8581.

Vince Dawson The Memorial service for Vince will be September 29th at the national cemetary in Santa Fe at 2:15pm. It will be with full military honors. A personal friend of C's will be the trumpeter playing taps. The cemetary advises that people do not arrive too early because military services are scheduled every 45 minutes. There is now a "forever" memorial site to Vince that you may add photos, favorite memories and condolences for his family. The site is www.danielsfuneral.com

From The Wife of Vince Dawson, Carol Dawson

Vince's obituary is in today's edition of the Albuquerque Journal. It shows the link to the "forever" memorial site where I encourage people to post a photo and/or a story about him for all to share in the good memories. Please also check the box when you send something to the site to let your email be seen so the family can get in touch if they would like. Thanks to all of you who welcomed this very special man into your lives. I would really like to know who might be planning on attending the service on the 29th. I am so honored to have been able to spend literally half of my life with Vince, the Wolfman.

From The Wife of Vince Dawson, Carol Dawson

• Upvote 1

Vince Dawson(known as "Wolfman")was one of the best! I enjoyed talking with him on the site(Chicagobus.org)He will be missed and will be forever in our hearts! So long, badge #7699!

I know we all have Vince in our prayers.