New Routes

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm absolutely loving the new Rt. 23! I love it because I can just take that bus straight from my stop (92nd & Hampton) to MATC West Allis (well, not EXACTLY by it, but close. 68th & Greenfield). This is perfect for when I don't want to have to wait 10-15 minutes for another bus in the freezing cold or on hot summer days. But I have to say, I'm a little bit unhappy with this for two reasons:

1. Before the old 23 became the new 23/18, I would just ride that bus to 2nd & Wisconsin, and get on the 18 from there at the layover, and I'd have this really nice lady as my regular driver every morning. She was the one that told me a lot of stories about how the buses were years ago compared to now, or how she'd always have to deal with off-brand passengers (then again, what driver doesn't?)

So, the 18 retired Saturday, and she retired 2 days before that. So I can honestly say she was one of the nicest driver I ever had.

And 2. As I'm just now finding out this afternoon, it can be very uncomfortable sitting in one seat for an hour & twenty-two minutes!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't taken the new 23 yet, but I did take the BlueLine from downtown to 68th and Greenfield (friend lives around there) and I have to say it was fantastic. Hope the MetroEXpress catches on and we get a North Avenue express. It's selfish, though, I'm sick of my 45-minute commute to school. ;)

THE METROEXPRESS BLUE LINE IS A BLESSING BUT IT ISNT A METROLINK. REMEMBER THAT BLUE LINE IS REALLY JUST A MILL RD EXPRESS. THIS ROUTE PATTERN FOR THE 23|BLUE LINE IS A PATTER USED WHEN STREET CARS OPERATE AS THE 18 SO WE ARE RIDING A PIECE OF HISTORY. ITS ALSO GOOD TO SEE THE DIVERSTY OF PASSENGERS ON THESE ROUTES AND WILL BE A MONEY MAKER BECAUSE IT SERVES HIGH RIDERSHIP AREAS. THE GREENLINE WILL ALSO BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE IT SERVES MAINLY COLLEGE STUDENTS AND FUTURE AIRPORT USERS. THE REDLINE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON 27 INSTEAD I SEE NO REASON WHY U PUT EXPRESS SERVICE ON HOT POTATO RIDERSHIP WHEN HIGH LEVEL RIDERSHIP ROUTE 27 NEEDS IT MORE. OTHER THAN THAT IM GLAD THEY REALIZED THE 52 NEEDS NITE SERVICE AND REORGANIZED ROUTE 18 BITS AND PIECES WELL

I'd rather see the Green Line on KK/Packard/Chicago which has more demand for bus service than on Howell to the Airport. I'd rather see the Red Line be the current Route 27 between Hampton and College and regular Route 27 between Congress/Atkinson and Loomis. And Route 54, bring service level back to what it was before during mid-day and afternoon rush hour.