Evanston Bus Co in HO Scale?

Paul Fortini

Great news all you GMC Fishbowl fans who also happen do HO scale modeling. Busch is coming out with an Evanston Bus Company TDH-5301 in HO scale and it'll be available thru Walthers. http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/189-44506 The price tag on these is rather steep, but the Busch HO scale vehicles I have on my layout are very accurate.

I'm hoping to expand my layout to include a small railroad museum with a bus exhibit. Already I have the generic GMC TDH 5301, the Classic Metal Works Union Pacific PD 4103, and the Classic Metal Works TD 3610.

Evanston buses have also been done as a paper model.

Can't seem to find the website, though. It was run by a fellow who went by the Internet handle of 'hudatdere', and Google search turns up a suspended site. I had downloaded and printed a number of his buses - a number of White buses run in one town on my layout, and another town uses GMC 'Old Looks'. This site had a number of Evanston buses.

These were nice, as, in addition to being free, my HO scale layout runs mostly prewar and early postwar models. Back in those days many freight and passenger car kits were made of wood, with embossed paper over them with the lettering and detailing. The buses fit in quite nicely!

For what it's worth, there was a company decades ago, and long gone, that produced a number of automobiles, and a GMC 'Old Look' in off-pink plaster. I have a few of the autos, but still looking for the bus.

These were nice, as, in addition to being free, my HO scale layout runs mostly prewar and early postwar models. Back in those days many freight and passenger car kits were made of wood, with embossed paper over them with the lettering and detailing. The buses fit in quite nicely!

For what it's worth, there was a company decades ago, and long gone, that produced a number of automobiles, and a GMC 'Old Look' in off-pink plaster. I have a few of the autos, but still looking for the bus.

I'm doing a much more contemporay layout, although I'm partial to the Amtrak era of the late 1990s and early 2000s. That was the era in which Amtrak ran with roadrailers, material handling cars, and box cars at the end of almost every train.

But that Evanston Bus Co. GMC will look great in my little bus museum.