Patches. I need some stinkin' patches.

This could be in the CTA or Metra forum but I putting it here since I don't want to post it twice. :P Is there any way to get a new CTA logo patch? How about a Metra patch? I'm getting a new bag and since I can only use those fine services to get around I thought it would be cool to slap patches on. A show of support or something. Idea hit! Railroad patches for the Metra lines! Oooooooooh I'm a smarty pants!

I don't know of any Metra patches per se, and I can say for sure, that as a Metra employee, you won't find anything from them directly. However, I was able to go to a hat kiosk at the local mall and they were able to trace the Metra logo and embroider it onto a hat for me. If you go that route, however, be careful, because quality isn't always that good. I actually had it done twice at two different places. The first time was soooooooo bad, that I just threw the hat away. The second time was done superbly (at a kiosk in Woodfield).

Pace and CTA contract their uniforms out to local shops. I am not sure who gets the business these days, but in the past you needed an authorization or they would not deal with you.

Your best bet might be to find an old timer who has an excess of uniforms who might be willing to get something for you on their uniform allowance.