Public transportation advocacy

If any of you are regular bus or rail passengers living in the Chicago metropolitan area are interested in being an advocate for public transportation passengers, would you please contact me off line? ahk at transit dot chicago dot il dot us by email.

Let me know what topics you are interested in and what great ideas you have that are both cost effective and likely to attract passengers. Please make sure you give me your name and contact information.

There is no pay and no influence and you will not have the respect of your peers.

I should also warn you that my sense of humor is not P.C. and you may not think I'm very funny. I recently had a board member resign because I wrote a satirical piece (shared only with a handful of people) as my way of expressing horror and outrage over David Kolata and Citizens Utility Board's conflict of interest. CUB’s 'Conflict': How A Utility Watchdog Got Millions From The Utilities It Watches

I said I, too, would accept monies from ComEd if they were proposing to bring back streetcars and interurbans as major consumers of electricity and promoting suburban sprawl with travel by traction.

'Tain't funny, McGee.

There is no obligation to laugh at my jokes.