artthouwill Posted Friday at 03:22 AM Report Posted Friday at 03:22 AM 11 hours ago, Sam92 said: I was asking myself if this saves anything considering everything going North on Michigan in that stretch is basic discharging passengers only. I'd say a NB lane would have been better if placed between Wacker and Oak for the N LSD and 151 routes; maybe prepaid boarding at Chestnut. As you said that stretch should have a southbound lane (any preferably prepaid boarding at select stops) since loading passengers is the bigger delay over there. Since State still has the big sidewalks I'd say a few prepaid areas at State/Lake and Ida B Wells would help. Huge dwell times really kill everything entering and leaving the loop. A way to get people in the buses faster may help rectify that While true that NB Michigan mainly discharges passengers south of the river, 1. The main congestion happens in the a.m. rush. You have routes 1, 3, 4, X4, 6, J14, 26, and 28 plus the 7 and 126 have one stop. At Randolph, you add the 20, 60, 147, 151, and 157. Mist bases have to pull into traffic in the middle lane between stops to avoid right turn traffic at Jackson, Monroe, and Randolph. With the bus Kane right turb traffic gets eliminated and bases can stay in the right lane 2. Car traffic can access Columbus and Laje Shore Drive by using State or Dearborn and Balbo Jackson, Monroe, or Wacker Drive . This I believe is the only stretch of Michigan that this works. I'm sure it would work for bases but would be a logistics nightmare for other traffic. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.