Bad Advice

I find it scary the response made by Chicago officials to the London Subway bombings. Although the leaders can be commended for stepping up and addressing the potential situation, their response for what the public should do is somewhat scary.

First law of bomb class is to turn off all radios and cell phones. You do not want to send any radio waves out that may engage a potential explosive. For something that seems to be time sensitive, I would think that "professionals" would realize that. To see Mr. Kruesi, Mayor Daley, Supt. Cline and Fire Commisionner Trotter stand up and say call 911 is an irresponsible thing to do. I would think the average person would pick up their cell phone and do just that...a risky proposition, don't you think ??? Same thing goes with the train intercom system...it's radio waves Frank !!!!!

This has to be looked at and addressed. Perhaps, get off the train or bus, note the car/bus number and then call 911. Do not use the intercom, but perhaps walk to the lead car and contact the operator that way. Kind of make you wish there were still conductors on those CTA trains, doesn't it ???