News reports

Busjack

• Hiklevitch just had that CTA was calling a press conference to announce that BusTracker was expanding. Kevin had the evidence on Saturday. (Another dig at the Tribune and RedEye <_< ).
  • Following the link on the homepage to the CTA Tattler, Huberman says that the 5300s and 4400s will be gone by Thanksgiving. Fans of the high floors, get you riding in. Apparently that will be some time before the deliveries of the 40 and 60 foot NFs will be completed. Also, apparently there were problems with garage management in the past.
  • And to come full circle, CTA Tattler credits ChicagoBus.org for having the BusTracker story first.

• Also, apparently there were problems with garage management in the past.

Umm, wow, yeah!

"Garage general managers are held accountable for on-time performance. In fact, Huberman said he has terminated three of eight (garage) general managers since he came on board in May, 2007."

I guess there was some serious mismanagement. No wonder that garage manager in the Redeye last week talked about employees changing their attitudes in order to keep their jobs.

I've said in a number of places that I've already noticed my buses are more on time than they used to be. This suggests that laxity at the garages was a HUGE problem -- get rid of some managers, and suddenly on-time departures goes up by A LOT (as we saw documented in a CTA report a couple months back), and even without the tracker installed, already a noticeable improvement in service.