Belmont changes

ryanbytes

To warn of the pretty big gap between the platform and the car the CTA painted a big yellow stripe on the edge of the southbound platform at the head car of the 8 car trains. I haven't been able to look at the north end of the platform. They also installed signs warning people to watch the gap. One of the most interesting fixes they've done is having somebody on the platform at the rear of the train radioing to somebody at the front of the train when the doors are clear.

These things kind of surprise me. They're common sense fixes and they were implemented quickly. In the past that usually wasn't the case with a problem on the CTA.

I assume this is because all trains are using the outer (Brown/Purple) track. However, while CTA may have discovered the problem, it probably should install some sort of temporary platform extension, since I doubt they will keep up the extra person, and some idiot is going to fall eventually.