DuPage J Route

Guest metralink

Guest metralink

In the Cook-DuPage Study, the J route was one of the options and its mentioned in RTA Moving Beyond Congestion and the CMAP RTP.

What are the possibiliities it will be built?

In the Cook-DuPage Study, the J route was one of the options and its mentioned in RTA Moving Beyond Congestion and the CMAP RTP.

What are the possibiliities it will be built?

100% depends on whether it gets CMAQ money. Otherwise, not much if any.

Googling around, I found this, which indicates a cost of $1 billion. Also, if the main north-south leg is route 83, it might be express, but I don't see many passenger generators between Oak Brook and Elk Grove there.

BTW (since you were the one who mentioned CMAQ with regard to 747), my impression was that if the others (711 and 715) were CMAQ grants, the service would go to Schaumburg, not just Addison. Maybe they weren't.

Also, BTW, I don't take the RTA Moving Beyond Congestion document seriously. Pace asked for everything conceivable there, including Ill. 394 to Loop express buses that would compete with Metra. That idea sure ended with the South Cook Restructuring proposal. It also suggested ideas that were tried and failed, such as Rosemont-Lake County (former route 636). CMAP may be a little more credible.