Pace Wish List

Lostinthe80s

Now when routes up in the north are mentioned are they generally lightly used? Some of our routes have 5 -6 people a trip at times so I was wondering if its similar. I assume it is mostly El Dorado turf up there as well.

Now based on the discussion in Pace/Academy heres a wish for the list, Retire the buses when they get past 12 years old.

Now when routes up in the north are mentioned are they generally lightly used? Some of our routes have 5 -6 people a trip at times so I was wondering if its similar. I assume it is mostly El Dorado turf up there as well.
The North Division (Waukegan) is mostly 1999 and 2003 NABI 35 footers (about 34), with about 10 40 foot buses (2 NABIs and the rest Orion Is).

I don't have the passenger counts, but the only heavy routes are 565, 571, and 572.

North Shore (210, 213, 215, 421-423, 626 and the Shuttles) uses 15 ElDorados, 8 35 foot Orion Is, and a mixture of about 30 40 foot NABIs, Nova Classics, and Orion Is. Some of these routes are mixed with Northwest. However, based on where ElDorados have been assigned on a somewhat rotating basis, it seems like only 213, 215, 626, and maybe 3 or 4 of the shuttle routes need 40 footers. It might be slightly different with school runs, but basically North Shore could get by with another 15 ElDorados in substitution for Orion Is with no problem.

Northwest has 4 ElDorados, 3 usually assigned to 690 and 694. However, they sometimes come up on routes like 209/234 and 423, and probably could also cover 226, 230, and NW's share of 210 and 422.

I assume it is mostly El Dorado turf up there as well.

Besides the list of divisions, above, I should have also mentioned the municipal operators. About a year ago, both Highland Park and Niles got ElDorados. Highland Park's were in exchange for NABI 35 footers, while Niles were to retire Chance RT-52s. So, Highland Park got a smaller bus, while the Niles Free Bus got a bigger one.