CTA/Pace Ridership Encouragement Advertising

Zol87

A few weeks back, I found an a flyer in the pioneer press at my mom's house for a local Pace route. It advertises the 421 Wilmette Avenue route. It encourages people in the area to use public transit instead of driving. Even though Wilmette has 4 Pace routes; 213, 421, 422 & 423, the 421 was the only one that was mentioned. I would think that they would choose another one like the 422 that covers a greater area and runs all day Monday-Saturday compared to the 421 which only runs during weekday rush hours. Has anyone seen these for other routes?

post-287-1226729705_thumb.jpg

I also saw a new CTA brochure at Davis for the North Shore. It features the bus & rail routes that CTA offers in the area. The brochure also mentions estimated travel times to popular destinations from Davis using the CTA. I've also seen this brochure at Main, Linden, Skokie, and Central.

CTA_North_Shore.pdf

I received one (I believe in one of the ad mailers) for 272, but, again, am much closer to 422. Would probably have to drive to Golf Mill to catch the 272.

With regard to the one you posted, going to Yoga and to both Carson Pirie Scott and Carson's Furniture Gallery is quite a stretch to fill up the page. Edens Plaza would have been sufficient.

CTA generally had something like this posted at Davis, but up to now was generally restricted to things in Evanston and Skokie. I don't recall it suggesting going to Lincoln Park or Lakeview, like this one does.

I received one (I believe in one of the ad mailers) for 272, but, again, am much closer to 422. Would probably have to drive to Golf Mill to catch the 272.

I am much closer to the 422 as well. I live near Old Orchard.

I noticed that the North Shore brochure forgot to mention the 93 California/Dodge bus route. It travels through Evanston along Dodge, and ends at the Davis CTA station. The 11 Lincoln/Sedgwick ends in the southeast corner of Skokie at Howard/McCormick but doesn't really travel through Skokie. The 22 Clark & 147 Outer Drive Express end at the Howard CTA Station but do not really enter Evanston. I guess these routes were mentioned for those who live close to the Chicago city limits or want to travel into the city.