CTA TMC engine/tranny combos?

exitzero

Greets,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I did a search and couldn't find anything) but I am curious as to what the exact engine and tranny combination is on the CTA's 4400-series RTS-06s.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the transmission(it might be a Alison Transmission), but I know these buses have a Detroit Diesel Engine.  I'm not sure about the engine model number though.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure about the transmission(it might be a Alison Transmission), but I know these buses have a Detroit Diesel Engine.  I'm not sure about the engine model number though.

Sorry for a newbie to bring up a dead thread, but...

From what I've read, all 08 coaches were available with either the V-71R (standard), or the ZF 500 or 590 transmission (also equipped with retarders).

The specific article I cite has a TMC representative stating:

"...the move to ZF transmissions was precipitated by Chicago; in the meantime we have had requests for this option on other orders..."

It's vague, but it sounds as if the CTA coaches had ZF's of somekind.  I'd appreciate any corrections!

I'd also once seen a photo of a 4400 series coach with it's powertrain cradle removed...could have sworn it was a silver series DD 6V-92TA, but I could be wrong again.

If anyone has any other information on the 4400 or 4900 series coaches, or any hard copy images they'd be willing to share with me for an RTS book I'm authoring for Iconografix, please contact me - your help's VERY much appreciated!

-Evan