5800 buses

cta5300

did the remaining 5800 get LED destination signs becasue these 2 pics are 5800 with LED signs

No, only a handfull did....and those have then since been retired from service.

The last time I ever had 5851 was on a 201 nite car about a year and a half ago, haven't seen the bus since. 5852 also had the LED sign also with a LED run box...often one or both didn't work.

Often, if the run box did work it would show nothing more than "0000" all the time.

Hi guys!

I just got back from the Fire Academy this morning. I was able to go inside the New Flyer 5800 that is now assigned to the CFD Academy. It is exCTA #5858. It still has the bus number inside, the "P" designation is still in the window, it displayed "Not in Service". No markings on the outside, the bus is plain white. I met two fire candidates who both have CTA backgrounds, I had a chance to chat with them. One was a North Pk mechanic and the other a Chicago Ave. bus operator. I forgot to bring my camera with, Darn!. The TMC bus is still in the CFD roster, I was told it is parked at 10 W. 35th st.

Hi guys!

I just got back from the Fire Academy this morning. I was able to go inside the New Flyer 5800 that is now assigned to the CFD Academy. It is exCTA #5858. It still has the bus number inside, the "P" designation is still in the window, it displayed "Not in Service". No markings on the outside, the bus is plain white. I met two fire candidates who both have CTA backgrounds, I had a chance to chat with them. One was a North Pk mechanic and the other a Chicago Ave. bus operator. I forgot to bring my camera with, Darn!. The TMC bus is still in the CFD roster, I was told it is parked at 10 W. 35th st.

Cool. Just at the south end of the IIT campus, my alma mater. Maybe I'll swing by this weekend to get a look if it's still there then.

Hi guys!

I just saw that bus the other morning on Wacker & Michigan. If I had been a little faster with my camera, I'd have grabbed some photographic proof of having just seen that bus.