STIB busses

Bus 84

Hi,

i'd like to show you the differents buses in Brussels. They're from STIB (Société des Transports Intercommunaux Bruxellois - see here or here for more informations), the local transport autorithy. In fact, there are 8 types of buses, divided in 3 garages. Enjoy !

a300.jpg

Van Hool A300 - near the Parc du Cinquantenaire.

a308.jpg

Van Hool A308 - stopped at Montgomery Roundabout. We can call it the little brother of A300, because it's a smaller version of it.

a330.jpg

Van Hool newA330 - You can see the subway station and the Heysel Olympic Stadium behind the bus.

a500.jpg

Van Hool A500 - It's the oldest series of buses. They're now declassed. Here, you are in front the Berlaymont, the European Union Center.

ag300.jpg

Van Hool AG300 - In front of the Royal Palace and the Royal Park. The leasing contract is finished. These buses are returning to Van Hool.

citaro.jpg

Mercedes Citaro - The new buses in Brussels ! They're going to replace VHAG300. Here at Brussels Airport.

premiero.jpg

Jonckheere Premier - The worst bus... The suspension is catastrophic and they don't drive over 40 km/h... Here you are at west Brussels.

sb250.jpg

Jonckheere SB250 - The brother of the previous bus. The only difference is the bump on the roof.

That's it!

PS : i'm sorry for my bad english :unsure: thanks ;)

Hi, Citaro are actually the best buses in Brussels, i think. Like the newA330's serie, the destination sign is clear and easy to read from far away the bus. And as it's an articulated bus, we've got so much places in it :D It's very pleasant to take those buses.

Little information : the busline 11 was deleted at june 30rd 2007. :(

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them :) its interesting how similar the Van Hools and Jonckheeres look to the Gillig BRT, the Nova LFS, and Orion VIING So what do you think of the Citaro? I like the destination sign on it.
When the low floor was fairly new, I believe that a site had mentioned that the LFS was based on some kind of Belgian bus.

In Minneapolis the University of Minnesota has the Van Hool A300L and AG300 (both of the new style) buses. They are my favorite low floors. Citaro's look cool but they're not in America yet...

The New Flyer D40LF is based off of a Dutch bus. The company is Den Oudsten Bussen BV. This company also provided the base for the Nova LFS bus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_Oudsten

The New Flyer D40LF is based off of a Dutch bus. The company is Den Oudsten Bussen BV. This company also provided the base for the Nova LFS bus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_Oudsten
While Wikipedia is right that a member of the DenOudsten family owned New Flyer for a while, it doesn't assert that NFs buses are based on Dutch designs. In fact, if you believe Wikipedia, the Dutch company had "no institutional relations with New Flyer." Also, it says that DenOudsten helped Nova Bus, not that the two buses are similar. This would be similar to asserting that Mercedes Benz designed an Orion. There might be a few MB parts in there, and a little European styling influence in the Next Gen, but not much.

• 1 month later...

While Wikipedia is right that a member of the DenOudsten family owned New Flyer for a while, it doesn't assert that NFs buses are based on Dutch designs. In fact, if you believe Wikipedia, the Dutch company had "no institutional relations with New Flyer." Also, it says that DenOudsten helped Nova Bus, not that the two buses are similar. This would be similar to asserting that Mercedes Benz designed an Orion. There might be a few MB parts in there, and a little European styling influence in the Next Gen, but not much.

Again, sorry for bringing up an old topic.

NFI's D40LF was based on a bus by Den Oudstem called the B85. The early D40LFs before 1991 looked very much like them. The Nova LFS was based on the Den Oudstem Alliance model.

Also, thanks for sharing the photos Bus 84!