Bus Route 629 along Lake Cook Road

fleurycuse

I just started working at 510 Lake Cook Road in Deerfield, and I live in Uptown in Chicago. I plan on taking the Union Pacific - North metra train from the Ravenswood stop to the Braeside stop. A pace bus route 629 goes from the Braeside station to the Walgreens corporate and some other offices and has only about 5 stops. I work halfway in between those stops and the Braeside. Does anyone know specifically whether the bus driver will allow me to get on and off the bus near my office even though it is not a listed stop. The pace website says that it is at the drivers discretion for passenger safety but I wanted to reach out and ask anyone who has been in this situation before.

Thanks!

I just started working at 510 Lake Cook Road in Deerfield, and I live in Uptown in Chicago. I plan on taking the Union Pacific - North metra train from the Ravenswood stop to the Braeside stop. A pace bus route 629 goes from the Braeside station to the Walgreens corporate and some other offices and has only about 5 stops. I work halfway in between those stops and the Braeside. Does anyone know specifically whether the bus driver will allow me to get on and off the bus near my office even though it is not a listed stop. The pace website says that it is at the drivers discretion for passenger safety but I wanted to reach out and ask anyone who has been in this situation before.

Thanks!

I worked at a place that was on the route (155 Pfingsten), and several of my coworkers asked essentially the same question.

The answer was that the driver will drop you off on Lake Cook Road. However, the better question is whether you will be picked up on the way back. There is a public stop posted at Deerlake Road (the entrance to the Metra/Home Depot plaza), but not one posted in front of the "Deerfield Park District" Plaza.

I thought at one time 629 went into the 500 Corporate Center, but the current map doesn't reflect that.*

Hence, you are taking a risk on the return trip, and I really doubt that the RTA Travel Center will give you a straight answer on that one. Maybe you should walk to Deerlake Road, although that now involves a construction zone.

You might also consider going crosstown to the Metra Milwaukee North Line (Mayfair station at Montrose and Cicero, or Forest Glen off Elston and Foster) and take that train, which essentially drops you at the front door.

*Diving EB on Lake Cook, one would see what looked like a bus on the railroad overpass, but it actually was going into the Corporate Center.

I worked at a place that was on the route (155 Pfingsten), and several of my coworkers asked essentially the same question.

The answer was that the driver will drop you off on Lake Cook Road. However, the better question is whether you will be picked up on the way back. There is a public stop posted at Deerlake Road (the entrance to the Metra/Home Depot plaza), but not one posted in front of the "Deerfield Park District" Plaza.

I thought at one time 629 went into the 500 Corporate Center, but the current map doesn't reflect that.*

Hence, you are taking a risk on the return trip, and I really doubt that the RTA Travel Center will give you a straight answer on that one. Maybe you should walk to Deerlake Road, although that now involves a construction zone.

You might also consider going crosstown to the Metra Milwaukee North Line (Mayfair station at Montrose and Cicero, or Forest Glen off Elston and Foster) and take that train, which essentially drops you at the front door.

*Diving EB on Lake Cook, one would see what looked like a bus on the railroad overpass, but it actually was going into the Corporate Center.

Thanks for the information. I did see a flyer from two years ago that listed Beam as a stop (my employer), but they've since removed that. I will post my experience once I decide which adventure to try out.

Thanks for the information. I did see a flyer from two years ago that listed Beam as a stop (my employer), but they've since removed that. ...

That may also be relevant to whether they accept your company badge as a fare, or you'd have to pay the $1.75.

The company at which I used to work used to be part of the TMA, but essentially the Shuttle Bug #6 (a Pace van) was terminated when the company closed most of its local operation, and no one would pick up the route.

Which reminds me, at least you don't work for DBM, which was another of its subsidiaries, that one in the 510 building. :blink: Of course, it has bought and sold a whole lot of companies since then.:(

That may also be relevant to whether they accept your company badge as a fare, or you'd have to pay the $1.75.

The company at which I used to work used to be part of the TMA, but essentially the Shuttle Bug #6 (a Pace van) was terminated when the company closed most of its local operation, and no one would pick up the route.

Which reminds me, at least you don't work for DBM, which was another of its subsidiaries, that one in the 510 building. blink.gif Of course, it has bought and sold a whole lot of companies since then.sad.gif

That is my building, and it's Beam Global. Not sure what DBM is...? email me at fleurycuse@gmail.com.

That is my building, and it's Beam Global. Not sure what DBM is...? ...

A job outplacement service. It was in that building, but their site indicates that they moved across the tracks to 570.

I used to go to the StarLight Cafe, also in that complex, until the overzealous security guard was papering my car for using the visitor's lot, even though I was a visitor. Obviously, no reason to go there now.

Also, I am not tall enough to need to go to the Berto Center (which is rather inconspicuous up against Kates Road):).

A job outplacement service. It was in that building, but their site indicates that they moved across the tracks to 570.

I used to go to the StarLight Cafe, also in that complex, until the overzealous security guard was papering my car for using the visitor's lot, even though I was a visitor. Obviously, no reason to go there now.

You scared me for a second, thought you might know something I didn't about my new employer!