A fueling question...

dianac

Are all CTA busses fueled at the garages?  If so, where are all of the garages?  and, if anyone knows, who supplies the CTA with fuel?

Also, what kind of fuel additive (if any) does the CTA use to prevent gelling in the winter?  How much does it cost?  

I need help for a paper that I'm writing, and I appreciate any help on the subject.   Thank you very much.  - Diana

Buses are cleaned and fueled at the 8 garages around the system. Locations of the garages can be found by clicking on the garage link at the top of the page.

I am not sure about additives. Also, I believe the fuel is purchased wholesale, but, I am not sure from where it is purchased.

Pace operated (as opposed to contract carriers) buses also fuel their buses at their garages. You can click on the link to see the locations of their garages. Pace Garages. Pace does purchase their fuel wholesale, but again, I am not sure of the vendor.

Hi everyone,

I been away for a little while. I need to catch up......

Anyway,

CTA's fuel contract for Diesel expired in march. I will find out if we renewed the contract and with who. I forgot who it is, they were just talking about the fuel contratc a few months back because we had a 4 year contract for fuel at a "fixed cost per gallon". Now that the contract expired in March. Im not exactly sure hwat happened. WE do not add any additives to the fuel. I know CTA specifies the formula, so if anything is added its done at the Refinery. We have not had any problems with fuel "gelling" during the winter. All I do know for now is "we use #1 low sulfer Diesel Fuel". I will try to find out the rest today at work.......

Buses are fueled each night at the garages they were assigned from. The Operators pull the bus in the garage, the Servicer takes the bus to the fuel island, sweeps the bus, fuels the bus, checks the fluid levels, and drives it through the wash rack. If no defects are found, and there is no required maintenance due, then the bus is parked in line in rows with the "good buses", ready for morning schedule......