IRMs 2200 series charter!

DouglasRyan

Yesterday I rode the IRM Back to the 60s charter and what an awesome trip! If you missed out on this, you miss out on the best charter I have been on yet! The museum appeared to have a different crew of people manning the train this time. Commentary was exceptional by a gentleman named Jerry Saunders, he even dressed the part of the 1960s. The cta crew (John and George) were hilarious in making jabs against the Cubs and Sox. Really made for quite the informative and entertaining time. I have ridden a few of the other musuem charters in the past but this one was one of the fastet trips as we covered alot of different territory. Jumping in front of road trains was such a relief. According to the bulletin, the director was Eric Zabelny so kudos to him for putting together such an enjoyable trip! These guys know how to put together a great time and hope more charters are run like this in the future. Great Job IRM. post-1415-0-70400300-1370268755_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

I'll try to get my video up on YouTube by Friday....maybe sooner. Name there is "msibnsf." Name comes from my work at the museum....Museum of Science & Industry that is, and the fact that the train layout is sponsored by BNSF. The charter went Rosemont to O'Hare to 54th. Then to Midway, to Harlem, to Loop, then to lunch. After lunch they went to Dempster Skokie, 37th Middle via the subway, then back to Rosemont via the most direct route. I caught them at ten locations. I too applaud Eric Zabelny for his dedication.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...