Green Line reroute

eyetube21

Today I ride the Green Line shuttle bus from 35th-Bronzeville-IIT to Roosevelt. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get to Roosevelt. By the time we arrived at Cermak Road and State Street, they closed down Cermak between State and Wabash to get ready for the new station. I also seen some trucks and cranes there.

They were getting ready for steel erection last week. They had the concrete foundation poured on the north side of cermak for the station house and were doing some welding on the south side of the street. They had some of those metal pillars driven into the ground. it kind of looked like some of the beams were going to be shorter on raised footings, but these were about 10 feet off the ground.

They were getting ready for steel erection last week. They had the concrete foundation poured on the north side of cermak for the station house and were doing some welding on the south side of the street. They had some of those metal pillars driven into the ground. it kind of looked like some of the beams were going to be shorter on raised footings, but these were about 10 feet off the ground.

Yeah. I also seen some bulldozers on the tracks and they also close off Cermak Road too. I made a video riding along the shuttle bus from Roosevelt Road heading to 35th Street station.

So green line was using green roosevelt signs north of roosevelt green line. What were they using south of 35th. Loop?

Not exactly. They still have "Harlem" signs north of Roosevelt. As I went downtown and caught it at Adams/Wabash, the signs says "Loop" heading south to Roosevelt. From 35th heading south, the signs were "Ashland/63" and "Cottage Grove" on the train. Coming from 63rd Street towards 35th Street, they have signs like "Harlem" on them.