Northstar Commuter Rail - Open House

teck22

Hello All, long time lurker rare poster on the forums.   After living all my life in Chicago I  just recently moved to the Minneapolis and started exploring their transit system in my free time.  Recently Metro transit had a free open house for their Northstar Commuter train. This included access to the maintenance facility, a free round trip ride and lunch  . 

I thought I would share....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132068498@N04/sets/72157651780118407/

Edited by teck22

Nice pics.  Years ago, 2004, I spent some time up there and rode the Metro system.  They actually had a strike while I was up there.  The Hiawatha Line was built and they were testing trains, but I left before the line opened.  I don't think its called the Hiawatha Line, I think it now has a color designation.  For those who may not know, the North Star Line goes from the Target Field to the northerm Minneapolis suburbs nr

• Upvote 1

Nice pics.  Years ago, 2004, I spent some time up there and rode the Metro system.  They actually had a strike while I was up there.  The Hiawatha Line was built and they were testing trains, but I left before the line opened.  I don't think its called the Hiawatha Line, I think it now has a color designation.  For those who may not know, the North Star Line goes from the Target Field to the northerm Minneapolis suburbs nr

​Yup the 55-Hiawatha is now the Blue Line and the St Paul/Minneapolis LRT is the Green line.  I've rode on both just for fun, I should take pictures next times and upload them.