Fight on WB X80 This Afternoon

sw4400

On some Thursdays, I typically take the #80 or X80 to the HIP out in Norridge.  Today I board bus #6814(X80) to do just that.  As we leave the Sacramento stop, I hear some swearing loudly behind me.  I think nothing of it as I presume it's just some jerk on the bus yelling at someone on a cell phone.  As we approach Kedzie(a Local only stop), someone pulls the "Stop Request" cord and then I see several more tugs on both sides.  At this point I figure that some people just didn't pay attention that this wasn't a local bus(a common practice on a lot of the Express routes, I'm sure), then I hear it.  Banging and thrashing and swearing right in the middle of the bus.  I turn around and see two men scuffling out of their seats into the middle isle.  The driver stops the bus in the middle of Irving Park near the Kedzie stop and all of us got off except the fighters, who continued going at it.  The instigator came off a short time later swearing up a storm and the other guy poked himself out of the entrance doors and said he was going to wait for the cops to come to press charges, so that's when the instigator jumps back onto the bus for Round #2.  The police come 2 minutes later in droves.  A total of 6 squad cars came to the scene and 5-10 minutes after their arrival, the instigator was arrested and the other guy went in another squad car to press charges.

Why he assulted the guy, here's what I heard him telling the cops... He spit on him, and was trying to steal his folding chair and bag of food and clothes.