Oddball New Flyers

trainman8119

It looks as though Chicago Ave Garage is starting to prep for later arrival of the New Flyers. I saw 1082 (Archer Bus) eastbound on Chicago Ave at Milwaukee operating on Route 66, about 12:45pm today. Either it was an Archer bus giving help to the route with the Tall Ships at Navy Pier, or it is at Chicago Ave for training purposes (as was stated in other threads has occurred on other occasions with the New Flyers and Novas, before arrival at that particular garage).

Well, I saw a Nova bus with an Archer run number operating on route 66 today. I doubt that bus would have been transferred over as well, in preparation for the arrival of new buses. Therefore, it's likely that Archer was doing some work on Chicago Avenue. I'll find out for sure on Monday.

I also saw a New Flyer turning from Canal onto Washington with an X49 sign in the rear, implying that it was out of Archer and the driver didn't program the AVAS properly. It was possibly a 124 extra. Unfortunately, I was a block away, and only noticed the X49 sign, but couldn't get the bus number or any other info.