A Wonderful Thursday August 23

BusExpert32

On Thursday, August 23rd a huge thunderstorm rattled the city and the CTA. From trees on the blue line to major delays on the red line made it was a disaster. I even encountered an enormous tree on the southbound tracks at just north of the California stop on the blue line. Northbound trains were backed up from Western south at each station and Southbound trains were backed up from Logan Square north at each station. Nothing was moving since only the Northbound track was being used near California. What a terrible commute. Did anyone else encounter something disasterous on that day?

Even though I stayed home all day that day, I would assume with that window being blown out at the Gap at Diversey/Milwaukee/Kimball, some buses would had to be rerouted. I know that the #82 Kimball buses had a major delay up north towards Montrose with a tree or a power line falling down somewhere. I don't think #76 Diversey had any other problems along the route besides at Milwaukee/Kimball. I also don't think #56 Milwaukee had any problems. I heard that #126 Jackson was the worst of all the delays and everything. It wasn't only a Thunderstorm, that was a Tornado that come through the northside.