#12 Roosevelt

Danielsmusic

This isn't meant to start a major discussion, it's just a question. Is the Roosevelt bus considered a downtown bus or a southside bus? I know it's technically south of downtown, but it connects tourists with the Museum Campus and it doesn't go anywhere south. So, what is the bus classified as? If one wanted to group it with other buses, would it be grouped with the 7, 20, 126 (and old 16 and 131)? Or would it be grouped with the 18, 21, and maybe 60?

This isn't meant to start a major discussion, it's just a question. Is the Roosevelt bus considered a downtown bus or a southside bus? I know it's technically south of downtown, but it connects tourists with the Museum Campus and it doesn't go anywhere south. So, what is the bus classified as? If one wanted to group it with other buses, would it be grouped with the 7, 20, 126 (and old 16 and 131)? Or would it be grouped with the 18, 21, and maybe 60?

I have no idea by what you mean as routes grouped together, but the #12 Roosevelt is considered a west side route if that's what you wanted to know. Also, routes can be grouped with the garage they run out of: Kedzie- #7, #12, #18, #21, #60, and #126; Chicago- #20, #65, #66 and so forth.

I have no idea by what you mean as routes grouped together, but the #12 Roosevelt is considered a west side route if that's what you wanted to know. Also, routes can be grouped with the garage they run out of: Kedzie- #7, #12, #18, #21, #60, and #126; Chicago- #20, #65, #66 and so forth.

Right. Even though on every system map that's printed, 12 Roosevelt is shown within the borders of downtown, it's not generally thought of as a downtown route because it passes on the southern most border of what's considered downtown. It's similar to 66 Chicago not generally being considered a downtown route because it runs on the northern most edge of what's considered downtown. Like BusExpert says it would be generally thought of as an ordinary west side route like the 66 Chicago.

Right. Even though on every system map that's printed, 12 Roosevelt is shown within the borders of downtown, it's not generally thought of as a downtown route because it passes on the southern most border of what's considered downtown. It's similar to 66 Chicago not generally being considered a downtown route because it runs on the northern most edge of what's considered downtown. Like BusExpert says it would be generally thought of as an ordinary west side route like the 66 Chicago.

Ok, thanks.