Watch out next time when takeing photos

pace2322

Hello everone, Well pace just put a Memorandum out.

Heres what is says.

Subject: Unauthorized persons taking pictures of pace buses or terminals.

As you are aware Transit agencies are at a heightened security level.If yor see any person taking pictures of out buses or terminals contact dispatch immediately.

All Bus Operatorsand Supervisors are to report any unusual activity around any Pace Divisions. buses and bus terminals to the dispatcher immediately.

So guys just watch out i know someone got call in and had the police take them in.

This is nothing new. Metra has been doing this for about a year now. And it is not the just the agencies (Pace, Metra, CTA). If local police departments see you taking pictures they will haul you in. Morton Grove has been a big "offender" of this.

Honestly (no pun here), it is all overkill. If these agencies were really serious about security, they would be at the entrances of all bus garages and rail yards, not train and bus terminals. I find it amazing that they would have 50 security people standing around Union Station after trains arrive but yet very little if any in the outlying areas where someone suspicious might board with the intent on doing damage downtown. To stand in the station is too little too late.

Watch yourself when doing that....the emphasis on the crackdown is taking pics on private property. There is not much a policeman can do if you are on the street, but if you are on private property, ie. a Metra platform or CTA/Pace terminal, you will be targeted. That is where the giggle came about in Morton Grove...the pic takers were not on Metra property, but the MG Police hauled them in anyway. I don't see the difference, but that is just how it is.