Who Manufactured The New O'Hare Shuttle Buses?

Hey congrats! Hope you like it :) I will say one thing about pictures though, you may want to ask about if it's okay first. With it being a private company and not public transit, plus the airport security angle, I could see someone in management not being too happy if they found out. I'd really hate to see you get in trouble just for trying to get a couple photos to share on an online forum.

Thank you! :) Yes, you are correct! That certainly has crossed my mind no doubt. I truly understand the security angle of it. I dont want to raise any false suspisions and possibly jeopardize my employment there. I am concentrating only on becoming a good and reliable employee. If it all works out, I could see myself staying there for quite a while. I am extremely grateful to my new supervisor, he has been very understanding about my fire dept. employment and will work with me. Believe me it hasant been easy trying to land a good bus driving job since Academy!. I really enjoyed working there, it was hard having to leave. But when I think about the lousy, crude mismanagement and incompetence by the bosses which sped up the cancellation of the Pace contract, then I dont feel too bad about it! :) We did what we could to help the company, but they didnt care! I applied at Pace North Shore twice, made it to the interview both times but was unsucessfull because of my fire dept. employment. I took a test at Pace Northwest, passed it, I was called but was never granted an interview. But now a new opportunity has been presented to me, I will focus on this new chapter. I will take it, run with it and enjoy it! Im content that I will be working close to home. Since I live near Harlem/Higgins, it will be a great opportunity for me to use the Blue Line to get to work so I wont have to rely on my car all the time as I did with Academy and Fresh Moves. I plan to take full advantage of utilizing the Blue Line once the weather improves. I Cant wait to start training in Jan.! :)

• 1 year later...

If that picture is recent, I'm surprised you still have Orion IIs (or a reasonable facsimile of them).

I've only seen one Orion II still in service in the East Coast. The Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority in Erie, PA still operates a CNG Orion II on one of its college shuttle routes; that bus is expected to be pulled from service this summer.

It's from 2006. Our Orion IIs were retired in September 2007, replaced by ElDorado E-Z Rider II MAXs.

The TTC in Toronto still has Orion IIs, as does the London Transit Commission. They are also quite plentiful in Michigan, notably Port Huron and Saginaw.

Ann Arbor AATA had Orion IIs.