Brown Line trains at Midway

nflyer22

Today, after getting off school, I followed my buds to Midway on the Orange Line, just to hang out with them, seeing how tomorrow there's no school (you can probably guess how old I am now ;):lol: ). Once I got to Midway, I noticed that there were 2 Brown Line trains (of various numbers, 8 cars each) at Midway Yard, and when I was about to leave, noticed 3201 - 3202 pull in, leading the rest of the train. Does anyone know anything about the Brown Line trains at Midway, and 3201 - 3202 (since originally they were here at the Orange Line, but were given to the Purple Line)?

Today, after getting off school, I followed my buds to Midway on the Orange Line, just to hang out with them, seeing how tomorrow there's no school (you can probably guess how old I am now ;):lol: ). Once I got to Midway, I noticed that there were 2 Brown Line trains (of various numbers, 8 cars each) at Midway Yard, and when I was about to leave, noticed 3201 - 3202 pull in, leading the rest of the train. Does anyone know anything about the Brown Line trains at Midway, and 3201 - 3202 (since originally they were here at the Orange Line, but were given to the Purple Line)?

I was guessing for awhile that there arent enough room for all Brown line cars at the Brown Line Kinball station, so they use the Midway for store some of them. Its been that way for a long time. I see bunch of them park there after Afternoon rush and between Rush periods. Couple times awhile ago, When I was at Adams/Wabash station waiting on a Orange Line, I spotted uknown Brown Line 34-- train coming from Roosevelt Northbound with destination "Out of Service", as soon as they got to Adams, they've switched to "Kimball" for a first pick up. So I hope that answers your question. I was wondering about that too.

I to have seen brown line trains at midway my guess is that they were there for repair i guess something that the other yards could not handle or perhaps the other yards were full this is just my guess on the issue thank you for your time.

I to have seen brown line trains at midway my guess is that they were there for repair i guess something that the other yards could not handle or perhaps the other yards were full this is just my guess on the issue thank you for your time.

Thanks both of you for helping, both really do make sense, since they could be stored there after they were repaired, but either way, I don't really ride the Orange Line that often, so I just jumped up at this unusual sighting.

Does anyone know anything about 3201 - 3208, whether if they are still with the Purple, or given back to the Orange Line?

Thanks both of you for helping, both really do make sense, since they could be stored there after they were repaired, but either way, I don't really ride the Orange Line that often, so I just jumped up at this unusual sighting.

Does anyone know anything about 3201 - 3208, whether if they are still with the Purple, or given back to the Orange Line?

I believe so, I've seen 3205 everyday operating Purple Line Express, I was on one last week.

The trains go to Midway for storage because of three-track. During the PM rush, the extra trains can come in to provide extra northbound capacity (where both tracks are available), without having to come from Kimball and be delayed going southbound.

A similar thing was done during the previous phase of three-track, to provide extra southbound capacity.

The trains go to Midway for storage because of three-track. During the PM rush, the extra trains can come in to provide extra northbound capacity (where both tracks are available), without having to come from Kimball and be delayed going southbound.

A similar thing was done during the previous phase of three-track, to provide extra southbound capacity.

Wow, that explains it better. Thanks!!!!