PowerPoint

Being bored at the fitness center, I came across the following in the Friday Sun Times:

Off track? The CTA caper . . .

May 2, 2008

BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist

A top source tells Sneed that Huberman, unlike past CTA president Frank Kruesi who took the subway everywhere, is a regular user of public transportation -- but also uses an office worker as a driver. And several of his highly paid top aides spent much of their time "doing PowerPoints for Huberman's presentations."

From experience in looking over the CTA website, my reaction was "big f- surprise." B)

But at least some information is getting out (although one has to read between the lines), and I did use the CTA site to explain to someone who wants a clerical position why one needs to know PowerPoint.

I wonder how many staff members were necessary to come up with the fancy backgrounds ("the slide master").

• 1 month later...

I agree with you there. There were typos that shouldn't have been there, and the page listing the FG routes going live on the 23rd was disorganized with the routes not even given in proper order. The previous page had commas in the route names where there should have been slashes or dashes. All that money they're paid and they can't even proofread their work? I hope he wasn't showing this presentation to any big government honchos city or otherwise this time around.

To put it over here...

I'm not so picky about the 67th, 69th, 71st St. and similar entries, since if it were to correspond to the (at least the old) signs, it would be 67-69-71 Streets. The order of the FG routes was a bit incomprehensible.

It appears that the metrics deteriorated last month. And the comment "Ridership at airports weak" brings us to...

Apparently Part 2, dealing what whatever the status of the Block 37 project is, did get a public viewing. The Trib had the apparent story that it was overbudget and not going to be completed in the near future.

However, I see that both the CTA Press Release and Daley have now put different spins on it.