first time metra user needs help

cubs7379

I need to get from palatine illinois to mokena illinois. can you guys please give tell me which routes to take and which stops to get off at.
UPNW in Palatine to Ogilvie, then have to walk to LaSalle Street Station and take the Rock to Mokena (home of Terry Boers).

Go to metrarail.com for more info (pull down "Service" and then "Schedules" and "Stations").

According to the Rock Island District schedules, there are two stations in Mokena.

I need to get from palatine illinois to mokena illinois. can you guys please give tell me which routes to take and which stops to get off at.

alright and do how do you i know when i get off the trian, will it announce CHICAGO and MOKENA?

and how long will it take

alright and do how do you i know when i get off the trian, will it announce CHICAGO and MOKENA?

and how long will it take

There should be automated announcements for all stops. Chicago (Ogilvie) will be the last stop on the first leg of your trip, so that should be easy. It should take you about an hour to go from Palatine to Chicago, then another hour from La Salle St to Mokena, depending on time of day and if you can catch an express of some sort (if you are going during rush hour). If you are committed to locals, you are looking at a minimum of 2 hours travelling time, plus the time spent walking between stations and the time you would wait for an outbound to depart. I would give myself about 3 hours to get from point a to point b.

i just got off the phone with a metra customer service, this is what she told me

DEPART palatine 11.25 Am to chicago at ARRIVE 12:23 - WALK 1 BLOCK N/E( MADISON AND CANAL) TO LASALLE STREET - Take rock island train( Lasalle street station) TRAIN LEAVES AT 12 30 AND ARRIVE TO MOKENA 1 35

LEAVE MOKENA 10;39 ARRIVE AT CHICAGO AT 11 47 CHICAGO LEAVES 12 00 AM ARRIVE PALATINE AT 1 24

does this sound right

i just got off the phone with a metra customer service, this is what she told me

DEPART palatine 11.25 Am to chicago at ARRIVE 12:23 - WALK 1 BLOCK N/E( MADISON AND CANAL) TO LASALLE STREET - Take rock island train( Lasalle street station) TRAIN LEAVES AT 12 30 AND ARRIVE TO MOKENA 1 35

LEAVE MOKENA 10;39 ARRIVE AT CHICAGO AT 11 47 CHICAGO LEAVES 12 00 AM ARRIVE PALATINE AT 1 24

does this sound right

It is more than 1 block between the stations. About 3 east and 4 south. As trainman states, you'll never make the transfer in 7 minutes. You'll be lucky if the UP NW train unloads in that time.

But maybe you should use Google Maps or something else to find the stations.

Also trainman, working for them, probably knows better that I, but there is no such thing as Metra Customer Service. There is the RTA travel center, which apparently uses the Trip Finder computer. What you read off sounds like something it generates.

It is more than 1 block between the stations. About 3 east and 4 south. As trainman states, you'll never make the transfer in 7 minutes. You'll be lucky if the UP NW train unloads in that time.

But maybe you should use Google Maps or something else to find the stations.

Also trainman, working for them, probably knows better that I, but there is no such thing as Metra Customer Service. There is the RTA travel center, which apparently uses the Trip Finder computer. What you read off sounds like something it generates.

Once again showing the reliablity of the RTA travel center. Also, as is the case right now, the current eastbound train is 20-25 minutes behind schedule...commonpace at this time of year and time of day. So, again, I would allow 3 hours to make the trip. Also, the last train out of Ogilvie at night is at 12:30 and not 12:00....so the info provided by the travel center is inaccurate.

Go to www.metrarail.com ,click on schedules and plot your time that way.

Once again showing the reliablity of the RTA travel center. Also, as is the case right now, the current eastbound train is 20-25 minutes behind schedule...commonpace at this time of year and time of day. So, again, I would allow 3 hours to make the trip. Also, the last train out of Ogilvie at night is at 12:30 and not 12:00....so the info provided by the travel center is inaccurate.

Go to www.metrarail.com ,click on schedules and plot your time that way.

do you think you could give me a good time to leave and go from the train stations? i know its not your job but i really am getting confused by all of this, i need to be in mokena by 2 45 pm

do you think you could give me a good time to leave and go from the train stations? i know its not your job but i really am getting confused by all of this, i need to be in mokena by 2 45 pm
As trainman says, use the schedules on metrarail.com

To me, it looks like leaving Palatine at 11:25 barely makes it, but you would be taking the 1:30 RI.

If I really had to be in Mokena at 2:45 (instead of maybe 3:00), I would leave Palatine at 10:25.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, our trip was a little different than planned. Getting to mokena was very easy, we missed the chicago train going to mokena by like 5 min due to us not really knowing how to get to lasalle street, but thats why we left early. there were some terrible storms coming through/tornado watches, so my buddies dad just pick us up from mokena. thanks for the help!