Metra 2009 Budget

Busjack

In looking over the capital part of the 2009 proposed budget, page 24 of 44 indicates that Metra wants state bond money for 160 Highliners and 50 bilevel cars.

Now, if I remember correctly, Metra had 160 Highliners, then got 24 Nippon Sharyo/Sumitomo electric cars. Does this mean that Metra believes there is or will be enough growth on the Electric District that a net gain of 24 cars is necessary?

In looking over the capital part of the 2009 proposed budget, page 24 of 44 indicates that Metra wants state bond money for 160 Highliners and 50 bilevel cars.

Now, if I remember correctly, Metra had 160 Highliners, then got 24 Nippon Sharyo/Sumitomo electric cars. Does this mean that Metra believes there is or will be enough growth on the Electric District that a net gain of 24 cars is necessary?

I don't know if there is that much growth, but an extra 24 wouldn't be a bad idea, since the new stuff breaks down as much as the old stuff and takes longer to fix !!!!!

I don't know if there is that much growth, but an extra 24 wouldn't be a bad idea, since the new stuff breaks down as much as the old stuff and takes longer to fix !!!!!

It is supposed to be Japanese engineering.

And if that's the case, why buy 160 more of the same?