NOV 4th Service

renardo870

Hey guys, I hear service on buses and trains will be like July 3rd Fireworks nite...inay feedback would be great. Thanks

They have customer alerts up on the CTA website under the latest Weekday service change link. The only thing I see that's similar to what's done on July 3rd is that bikes won't be allowed on the trains on Tuesday after 4pm until Wednesday at 4am. As far as the buses go, there are going to be plenty of detours keeping the buses out of Grant Park. They will begin Monday morning at 10am and end 6am Wednesday morning. Express buses that operate on South Lake Shore drive will operate on Michigan and Roosevelt to Columbus to enter the Drive. The 146 will also follow this detour to get to its Museum Campus routing. The LaSalle Express routes will use the northbound routng that was in effect pre-2003, i.e. LaSalle all the way to North Ave Beach and enter the Drive at North Ave entrance ramp. The am rush southbound buses will still exit the Drive at Grand, but turn at Grand and continue via Grand, Clark, Illinois, State before picking up its regular routing at Wacker to get to LaSalle. The 6 terminates northbound using the old 6 Jeffery Express 1980s-mid 90s routing to get back southbound, that is turning from Michigan onto westbound South Water to get to State Street. There are a few other detours mentioned. The 144/148 detours don't quite make sense because it sounds like they're confusing them with the 146 detour to get this route to the Museum Campus. So it's probably a safe bet to ignore what the have for these two listed together.