CHBM?

RTS Book

Anyone know what's going on with the CHBM? Found two of their buses (one of which is my favorite) on eBay this morning. If I had the money (I've already got the storage space), I'd pick one up...

As a member I can tell you CHBM is trying to stay afloat by parting with some pieces of equipment. Currently the bus collection is still housed at at a Public Storage in Aurora Ill and a permanant storage location is still in the works. But in the meantime CHBM is hoping to continue operating. The economy is of course not helping much, the recent rising fuel prices also have cut into the bus museum operation. Were hoping to keep the bus museum going but it will take some effort.

Does the CTA have any interest in saving any of the 4400/5300/5800 for the CHBM?

They will donate a bus but they make sure the wiring and powertrain are demolished so that it wont run ever again, they did that with Flyer #1606.

I noticed alot of other buses have disappeared on the website, I know 410 (RTS Slopeback) and 9004 (Flxible Metro) are on sale on eBay but what happened to 112 (Orion I), 375 (CTA Fishbowl), United Airlines AM General, 1606 (CTA Flyer), there were also two Flxible New Looks one painted all black and one white with a gold stripe. Were they all sold?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...