Lake-Cook Metra

twyztdmynd

Are the busses stored at Lake Cook Metra assigned? Or, does Pace North Shore rotate them out.

They are rotated. For instance, if you are there at 6:30 p.m. (and I have been) you can see one bus outside the cage, while other drivers put their buses in and then board the other to the garage.

There would need to be some way of getting the buses fueled, as there are no facilities in the cage.

BTW, the winter season has started and the buses are not stored there now.

• 3 years later...

Out and about today. Stopped by Lake Cook Road...

I guess April 9 was the scheduled date for all Spring changes. The difference here is that there is a NABI behind the fence, while before it was only Orion Is and ElDos.

I also guess that I'll have to see (1) if the number is down because of the transfer of 628, 629 and canning 622 and 630 and (2) the NABI has the hoops for locking the front door.

In fact, WebWatch shows 4 NABIs on their routes, 6238, 6253, 6255, 6258.

Also just checked it out. 7 buses stored there, 3 Eldos, 2 white NABIs and 2 blue NABIs. 7 makes sense since it covers 8 routes (576, 623, 627, and 631-635).

No padlocks on the doors.

I guess that means about the end of storing Orion Is there.

• 3 months later...

Probably as good a place as any to plop this.

The June Minutes, in connection with extending 576 another 6 months, notes:

Mr. Bolton noted that Pace staff plans to review the entire Shuttle Bug network to look for ways to minimize the loss of a participating employer on all employees on the route. Staff is looking at a design plan which will rely more on employment centers rather than on a single employer.

However, given that (a) Lake Cook (or Buffalo Grove--Lincolnshire) is essentially one employment center, and (2) except for the dollar extra fare on 576, the routes are generally dependent on the employers paying the fares, I'm not sure where this can go. For instance, 634 and 639 were merged into one route, so that isn't serving just one employer