Rochester City Lines

I was down in Rochester today and got some pictures of their fleet. The fleet is mainly (if not all) Gillig Low Floors of various ages. They may also still have a couple 35 ft. Gillig Phantoms but I did not see any today. I also got a few pictures of the buses at Cannon Falls again, on of which is ex RCL #202 the RTS. Incidentally the RCL transit system is one of my favorites since it seems very well suited to the area it serves.

post-367-1244512903_thumb.jpgpost-367-1244512962_thumb.jpgpost-367-1244512988_thumb.jpg

post-367-1244513019_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513060_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513094_thumb.jpg

post-0-1244513121_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513167_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513190_thumb.jpg

I was down in Rochester today and got some pictures of their fleet. The fleet is mainly (if not all) Gillig Low Floors of various ages. They may also still have a couple 35 ft. Gillig Phantoms but I did not see any today. I also got a few pictures of the buses at Cannon Falls again, on of which is ex RCL #202 the RTS. Incidentally the RCL transit system is one of my favorites since it seems very well suited to the area it serves.

post-367-1244512903_thumb.jpgpost-367-1244512962_thumb.jpgpost-367-1244512988_thumb.jpg

post-367-1244513019_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513060_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513094_thumb.jpg

post-0-1244513121_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513167_thumb.jpgpost-0-1244513190_thumb.jpg

Are them buses still there that are for Sale

Joe

Rochester Lines isa division of Richfield Bus Lines which was located in Richfield, MN. Note the similarity in paint schemes. Also, the company has a line run between MSP airport and Rochester. I believe they also operate Heartland Tours.

Rochester Lines isa division of Richfield Bus Lines which was located in Richfield, MN. Note the similarity in paint schemes. Also, the company has a line run between MSP airport and Rochester. I believe they also operate Heartland Tours.

Good pics! The MAN artic with the For Sale sign is an ex-Los Angeles RTD bus.

Are them buses still there that are for Sale

If you mean the ones I got pictures of last year yeah pretty much, only the ex-DTA Phantom was missing or maybe moved to the back.

Yep, it's a pretty cool company. The airport line is now from the 28th St. LRT station to Rochester via the Rainbow foods Parking lot in Inver Grove Hts. (They have a poster in the store about it too.)

Also the Rochester City Lines website for anyone interested.

Great Pictures. Did you notice that they have music playing inside the bus and the old drop farebox?

If your intersested, I took some video of Rochester City Lines

Yeah, I saw that when you posted it, nice video :) I got a little video myself and will post it eventually. The music playing on their buses is something i've never heard anywhere else.

I like the fareboxes, I saw one where the driver had a bunch of pictures of his kids or possibly grandkids on it. The interesting thing is even with the simple fareboxes they have one of the highest farebox recovery ratios in MN, 42% IIRC a couple years ago. Goes to show that having fancy electronic validating fareboxes with card readers and the works isn't always necessary.

Good pics! The MAN artic with the For Sale sign is an ex-Los Angeles RTD bus.

You mentioned that with the pics I got last year too :P :)

If you mean the ones I got pictures of last year yeah pretty much, only the ex-DTA Phantom was missing or maybe moved to the back.

Yep, it's a pretty cool company. The airport line is now from the 28th St. LRT station to Rochester via the Rainbow foods Parking lot in Inver Grove Hts. (They have a poster in the store about it too.)

Also the Rochester City Lines website for anyone interested.

Yeah, I saw that when you posted it, nice video :) I got a little video myself and will post it eventually. The music playing on their buses is something i've never heard anywhere else.

I like the fareboxes, I saw one where the driver had a bunch of pictures of his kids or possibly grandkids on it. The interesting thing is even with the simple fareboxes they have one of the highest farebox recovery ratios in MN, 42% IIRC a couple years ago. Goes to show that having fancy electronic validating fareboxes with card readers and the works isn't always necessary.

You mentioned that with the pics I got last year too :P:)

I know I did, I posted again in case newer member here were curious. :)