Chicago in 1948

Here is a pretty cool video on yuo tube with a lot of street shots of Chicago in 1948. All kinds of transportation going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMGqzkNwLY

The one thing that had me puzzled was the blue thing at the left curb at about 4:29, with what looked to be a single headlight. It was too small and too close to the curb to be a streetcar. Maybe some sort of experimental hotel or parlor bus? A Tucker?

Although before my time, most of it looked familiar (especially Old Heidelberg, which by the time I was familiar with it was Ronnie's Steakhouse, and only the facade remains). As someone I knew said: "You knew you were lost when you think that there are a couple of hundred of the gold statue on the way to the Museum of Science and Industry."

There were some brief shots of CMC buses on Michigan Ave., but very little on the trolleys, except that the terminal outside Soldier Field was documented. You would have thought that by 1948, the Green Hornets would have been more prominent.