2400's on Red Line

busfan4022

Strange, but true. I happened to ride 2582 on the red line yesterday. I also noticed that the train was ONLY 2400's. Does anybody know if this is just temporary or not?

Not unusual. 2400s do occasionally run on the Red Line, especially when Howard Yard is short on available 2600s. For example, there are times when some of those normally Red Line-assigned 2600s get sent down to the Brown Line to supplement the 3200s that are normally run on that line while a few other 2600s get to do the so-called "Ravenston" runs.

3092/3093 on the Green Line this morning

What in the world is the Blue Line's 2600s doing on the Green Line??? As for the 2400s on the Red Line, yes it occasionally operates on the Red Line, I remember last year when I rode them during "Owl" service w/ 4 cars. I do always be seeing 2600s also on the Purple Line Express.

What in the world is the Blue Line's 2600s doing on the Green Line???

This is, as I mentioned a couple of times, to compensate for the temporary loss of a few of its work-motor-capable 2400s (the Green Line is officially assigned 2411-2424 -- 14 cars in all -- in that group; the other 10, 2401-2410, are officially assigned to Howard Yard) which went to the Blue Line as part of a work train. With ongoing track work going on in the Milwaukee-Dearborn-Congress Subway between Clark/Lake and UIC-Halsted, the Blue Line needs a few work-converted 2400s for the duration of the construction period.