Chicago Transit and Railfan moves again

Busjack

In researching something else, I found that the sbc Home Page of Chicago Transit and Railfan has an announcement that it moved to an Apple server (me.com). The correct url is now in this link.

Bill says he will be restoring the old site, and I haven't had a chance to check out the extent to which he has so far.

One inconsistancy I found in his CSL/CTA route history section is that he has route 94 as being at the old Lawndale garage between 1986 and 1994. Actually this route was at Kedzie during that time period before being reassigned back to Archer.

I used to feel that I had to correct the Internet, but sort of gave that up, with, for instance, in this case, a lack of response on corrections regarding the Chicago and Calumet District Transit Co., even though I rode the buses (on at least 3 routes) as a child. He has his sources, and relies on them. Also, no one, not even Pace, has the correct date on when 631-635, 638, 639 were started, although Adam Kerman pointed out that there was some point when they went from a vanpool operator to Pace. Hence, since the web is supposed to rely on "verifiable sources," I can't contradict what is posted on the site.

Of course, no one is entirely correct; Lind's book has a picture of what Bill correctly categories the Ardmore Garage captioned as Lawrence (I always wondered why the windows didn't match on the outside and inside pictures of supposedly the same garage in the book), and had a picture of Clark streetcars captioned on LaSalle Street.